★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: OpenTTD is a transport tycoon game with all original graphics and sound effects. Enjoy all the fun of building tracks, trains, planes, cars & trucks, and more! Then create routes to distribute goods from one location to another cashing in along the way!

This is a fully featured game including:
- Multiplayer!
- Save states.
- New sound effects.
- Newly designed 32bit graphics.
- Downloadable content!
- Tons of options to tweak.
- So so much more!

You'll love this great game and it's 100% FREE!

Thanks so much!
ZodTTD

Source code for this application is freely available at http://github.com/zodttd/OpenTTD
01-08-2010, 12:49 AM
This reminds me of simutrans. of course, both were made i think by zodttd and the buttons were too small :/ looked fun tho.

01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
The price is right. I'll check it out and post a review soon. Simcity game for free? sure I'll play it

Game Center/OpenFeint/XBL Gamertag: Chrono Gear
Twitter/Plus+/AGON/Scoreloop/PSN ID: ChronoGear
I'm now a writer at No DPad!
IUGO VIP Code: 20752
01-08-2010, 02:35 AM
I swear this game came out like a year ago... Might have been on cydia... hmmm
01-08-2010, 02:36 AM
I had this before, the controls left a lot to be desired. IIRC this was originally ported by ZODTTD, hopefully this iteration is more playable.

OOPS! My bad, just saw this is ZOD, saw the Ben Stark stuff at the top. Guess that's his real name anywho, I'll give it a go, but if the controls are the same, you won't be playing it for long.
01-08-2010, 07:16 AM
OH.

Really, if it had just been implemented with the touch anywhere to move the pointer or where the pointer appears above your thumb it would have been totally playable.

Unfortunately, it's touch exactly where you want.

I did get a bus company running with little problems but it's gonna be fiddly for much more.
01-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Well, I tried it, since i like such games, but it seems I need a stylus and a magnifying glass for it (like this). Unplayable for me, but looks like it has tons of content.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de