★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TerroRats is the new puzzle/action game for everyone. Easy to learn so you can start having fun right away, but yet so hard to conquer!

As the rats are marching out on the sandy desert dunes they seem peaceful. But watch out, some of them have bad intentions. It's your job to keep the desert clear of the TerroRats who are carrying time activated explosives and will blow up, unless disarmed and sent to jail.

When a rat turns blue or red, it becomes a TerroRat. Quickly drag it to the right color police car before he blows up.

When the police car is getting full, drag it out of the screen to empty it. The more rats in the car, the more points you earn.

Earn additional combo bonus points by dragging multiple rats to the police cars quickly.

Various items will appear on the screen, some good and some bad. Throw (drag) the bad objects out of the screen and the good objects to your power-up collector at the bottom center of the screen. You can carry 2 power-ups at a time. Activate a power-up by shaking your device.

MoyoStudios's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

TerroRats just got released today !

Description

Terrorats is a puzzle/action game for everyone. Easy to learn so you can start having fun right away, but yet so hard to conquer!

As the rats are marching out on the sandy desert dunes they seem peaceful, but watch out, for some of them have bad intentions. It's your job to keep the area clean of the TerroRats who are carrying time activated explosives and will blow up, unless disarmed and put to jail.

When a rat turns blue or red, he becomes a TerroRat. Quickly drag him to the right color police car before he blows up.

When the police car gets full, drag it out of the screen to empty it. The more rats in the car, the more points you earn.

Earn additional combo bonus points by dragging multiple rats to the police cars quickly.

Various items will appear on the screen, some good and some bad. Throw (drag) the bad objects out of the screen and the good objects to your power-up collector at the bottom of the screen. You can have 2 power-ups at the same time. Activate a power-up by shaking your device.

Power-ups:
Slow Motion - Get a break from the madness and clean up the area while the TerroRats are moving slower.
Extra Seats - Need more room in the police cars? You just got room for 8 units.
Disarm - Save this one for the most stressful moments. All TerroRats will become seemingly friendly rats again.
Starvation - Starve the TerroRats so you can fit more of them in the police cars.

Power-downs:
Steroids - Rats on steroids move and arm faster, so watch out for this one.
Infiltration - TerroRats will steal all your power-ups.
Riot - All rats will be armed and perform a combined effort trying to shut you down.
Cheese - The rats are not watching their weight. Keep them from eating cheese and grow bigger.
Confusion - Police car drivers getting confused and are switching sides.
01-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I blew through a $15 iTunes card today, as soon as I get more I'll be picking this one up

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
TerroRats Promos

I have 10 promos i can hand out for this game. PM me and i will randomly hand them out!
01-08-2010, 09:08 AM
PM'd.
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
PM sent.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I've only been playing this for a few minutes, but I am confused by something. The directions tell you to pick up more than one rat at a time and put them in the truck for a bigger score, but I have not be able to drag more than one rat at a time into its respective vehicle.

I was expecting to be able to pick up a red rat and then while sliding the rat across the screen, pick up a 2nd red rat and then deposit both at once into the truck. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
pm sent'
01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I am having the same issue as DG. I can't figure out how to drag multiple rats at once.
01-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprloe View Post
I am having the same issue as DG. I can't figure out how to drag multiple rats at once.
Hey,

Sorry for that, after reading it now i see that i is confusing.
You can't drag more than 1 rat at a time, but if you drag them close to each other, like 1 second gap, you get 2x for the second, 3x for the third, 4x for the fourth, etc up to 10 rats.
We will be adding global hi-score and i will make sure this copy will be rewritten.

Hope you enjoy the game!
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
So far I'm enjoying the game...I like the graphics and background music, but couple of comments:

-I'd like an option to turn off the vibrate
-How about letting us activate a powerup by tapping the placed powerup crate instead of shaking our phone...I dislike have to shake my phone for games
-Instead of having to fling the powerdowns off screen, how about putting something like a dumpster icon at the top center and we can drag unwanted items into that? Sometimes when I fling stuff it just stops at the top of the screen and I don't even see it til it suddenly goes off or I have to keep trying to move it off the screen.
-I have died several times now because the power downs like the instant game over rat trap, appear as "see thru" on the board and don't seem to respond to touch so I can't fling them off the board and then they go off when they become fully opaque or a rat walks over them??? It just seems frustrating to have the game instantly end like that when it seems out of my control to prevent it.
-I find the see through powerups/downs really hard to see against the sandy background. I would like to suggest that they appear opaque, but when they are imminently going to activate or disappear have them start flashing or pulsing or something like that with perhaps an appropriate warning sound...like when the TNT is going to explode you hear a ticking sound.
-When a rat is about to explode, it would be really funny if you heard this high pitched sneaky rodent laugh or an "uh oh".

Okay, back to more rat sorting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.