★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE MOBILE FPS IS DEAD. LITERALLY. ZOMBIE-DEAD.

You're the world's final hope, traveling through post-apocalyptic lands of terror as the last of your kind -- the Chainsaw Zombie Hunter! From the team who brought you Duke Nukem 3D Mobile and Prey Invasion Mobile comes an all-new game that cranks up the ZOMBIE-KILLING action past ELEVEN!

Journey over dark terrain infested with mines, military weapons and flesh-eating, starving zombies at every turn! Fight your way through the horde with prolific firepower:

- Colt Python
- Lever Action Rifle
- 7mm Rifle
- Scoped Sniper Rifle
- Compound Bow
- M-4 Rifle
- Grenade Launcher
- Chainsaw

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S FPS.

Fully 3D with movement physics, lots of zombie models, cool Zombie AI, advanced damage mapping and particle effects, Chainsaw Zombie Hunter is a pulse-pounding, hyper-charged first person shooter. You can also:

- Choose the time of day (with day/night cycles)
- Strategically use health and energy to accomplish objectives
- Burn and hack your way through the wasteland with rocket fire and your trusty chainsaw!
- Post your score to the Leaderboard and see how your fellow zombie hunters are doing
01-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Anyone TOFTT?

01-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Because you can never have enough zombie games.

Has anyone tried this?
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
TOFTTing now...impressions (VERY brief, I don't have much time to play right now) in a bit.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Where's my Duke Nukem Forever?!

Game looks pretty fun but it seems kind of dark (light wise) - though I suppose a zombie apocalypse world wouldn't be bright and cheery.

Anyone have any impressions? Can't get enough zombie goodness.
01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
OK, as I promised, VERY brief impressions since I don't have a lot of time to play (typing on the computer is a different story however, as that can appear to be productive ). Here goes: it's not great, and it's not horrible. It's kind of middle of the road. After COD: Zombies, the bar for this type of game has been set stupendously high. For 2 bucks though, this is decent fun. Basically, you have to reach a cabin in each level while taking out any zombies you see. There is no map to tell you where the zombies are, but they don't come at a ridiculous rate (at least in the first level). There is no map to the cabin either, but you don't really need one since there are red arrows which direct you from landmines that you can't see...so, I guess in effect there is a map. The graphics are quite limited, but OK in a kind of goofy, silly way. The zombies are kind of goofy rather than manacing. They lope around and almost wave their arms. When you shoot them they often run away only to circle back to you. The controls work fine...joystick to move, swipe to look around, button to shoot. Plenty fast on my 3gs, no lag at all. The darkness issue comes from the fact that you choose at the beginning of the game if you want to play during morning, noon, or night. You are probably looking at a night scene. I played in the morning and it was plenty light. So, in a crowded genre is this essential? No. If you love zombie FPS then it's fine for the price. If you have COD:Z and/or Dead Strike you are probably fine, but I'll play it 2 bucks worth.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks, sizzla. Wasn't very hopeful for this, considering the provenance and the fact that it weighs in a 9.6 Mb. May check it out later...
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Well that's silly, zombies don't run away. Thanks for the impressions.
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
Well that's silly, zombies don't run away. Thanks for the impressions.
Just to clarify, they only run occasionally, and it's after you shoot them. They also always come back to you, but only after running around a little bit...like I said, it's pretty goofy.

01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Braaiiiii *bam* Ow! Hey, stop that! Man, maybe these brains aren't worth it after all ... No, wait, BRAAAAINS!

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.