★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forum Suggestion

01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Pandora
Posts: 1,345
Forum Suggestion

I have a good idea for a feature that I saw on another forum. At the top, there's an option that shows all threads that you've posted in that have new posts in them. That makes navigation soo much easier. Just a thought.

The original blueskin.
Na'viy hapx.
01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
You can subscribe to threads you post in.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/faq.ph..._subscriptions

01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Pandora
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
You can subscribe to threads you post in.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/faq.ph..._subscriptions
I know that, but it's a pain to get to. This link is right at the top of the board, and it shows all updated threads that you've posted in.

The original blueskin.
Na'viy hapx.
01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,680
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Dave, I don't think that's what he means.

What I usually do is go into my post statistics to find the posts I posted in to check for updates.

It gets hard when you're invested in 10 different topics and don't want to subscribe but want to see what's been updated since your post.

Maybe some sort of fake forum that when you load the page it loads the last X threads you've posted in if they have updates, when you click on the link it takes you to your last post in said thread and you can go from there.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Pandora
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
Dave, I don't think that's what he means.

What I usually do is go into my post statistics to find the posts I posted in to check for updates.

It gets hard when you're invested in 10 different topics and don't want to subscribe but want to see what's been updated since your post.

Maybe some sort of fake forum that when you load the page it loads the last X threads you've posted in if they have updates, when you click on the link it takes you to your last post in said thread and you can go from there.
Here's the forum, if you want to see for yourself: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php It's at the top. But of course, you're going to have to register.

The original blueskin.
Na'viy hapx.
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper587 View Post
I know that, but it's a pain to get to. This link is right at the top of the board, and it shows all updated threads that you've posted in.
Can you not post a link so we can at least see what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
What I usually do is go into my post statistics to find the posts I posted in to check for updates.
That's what I do, subscribing is too much effort

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Pandora
Posts: 1,345
Link posted in my previous post or in my siggy. The Learn Na'vi one. Sorry, just realized that there are a bunch of links in my siggy :P

The original blueskin.
Na'viy hapx.

Last edited by skipper587; 01-08-2010 at 12:08 PM.
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,680
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper587 View Post
Link posted in my previous post or in my siggy. The Learn Na'vi one. Sorry, just realized that there are a bunch of links in my siggy :P
I like your new font too, it makes me think you're a 38 year old white woman who likes to design websites with lots of fairys

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Pandora
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
I like your new font too, it makes me think you're a 38 year old white woman who likes to design websites with lots of fairys
And that makes me think that you're a 50 year old no life who lives with his parents, does iPhone reviews, and flames teenagers all day. AVATAR <<--Let's see if you can make the connection.

The original blueskin.
Na'viy hapx.
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
I like your new font too, it makes me think you're a 38 year old white woman who likes to design websites with lots of fairys
I have to agree.