★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***The ultimate puzzle game.***
***Are you too afraid to try it?***
Contact us at apps@schiau.co for app support.
Published and developed by Schiau.
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I bet this is retaliation for the Boobs n Numbers app going to $199.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Game Impressions

What are those goofs up to this time?

I REALLY REALLY love Alchemize and I'm really looking forward to their promised v1.3 update, but I don't quite get what is going on here.

This appears to be the FULL Alchemize game free with blood splattered everywhere. There aren't even advertisements although it did state something about needing to be online, at least to initialize it...so who knows, maybe I've just installed a virus to destroy all of my other games?

It isn't even a real re-skin as its still all of the same symbols (watch out for the bloody pine cones!), same modes, even the same background story, it's just now that everything in the game is spattered with blood and transformations have a cool looking "pooling blood" effect.

So, okay, what's the catch? It appears to be the full game with no obvious way to do in-app purchases but, perhaps, as an owner of the full version I already got the full game and those without the full Alchemize game will only get a lite version, I'm really not sure but, just judging by the developer's past hijinks, I have a hard time believing it is simply the full Alchemize game with a gory twist for free.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
weird...when it was rated 17+, I expected more than just blood spatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
The Bloody version only has Blitz mode unlocked.
01-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
What are those goofs up to this time?

I REALLY REALLY love Alchemize and I'm really looking forward to their promised v1.3 update, but I don't quite get what is going on here.

This appears to be the FULL Alchemize game free with blood splattered everywhere. There aren't even advertisements although it did state something about needing to be online, at least to initialize it...so who knows, maybe I've just installed a virus to destroy all of my other games?

It isn't even a real re-skin as its still all of the same symbols (watch out for the bloody pine cones!), same modes, even the same background story, it's just now that everything in the game is spattered with blood and transformations have a cool looking "pooling blood" effect.

So, okay, what's the catch? It appears to be the full game with no obvious way to do in-app purchases but, perhaps, as an owner of the full version I already got the full game and those without the full Alchemize game will only get a lite version, I'm really not sure but, just judging by the developer's past hijinks, I have a hard time believing it is simply the full Alchemize game with a gory twist for free.

I have the full version of Alchemize on my iPhone too, but for me the bloddy "version" is only unlocked in blitz mode.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I have the full version of Alchemize on my iPhone too, but for me the bloddy "version" is only unlocked in blitz mode.
I was playing "Gone in 20" so I'm willing to bet it is simply a re-skinned Alchemize Mini.

Weak.

My iTunes Reviews
01-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm a hypocrite!

I will still hold to my initial claim that this is a half-assed re-skin of Mini and that I already own the full game...but I ended up not just getting it but paying to unlock all of the content short of the ability to use my ipod's music.

I'm a complete hypocrite!

There is nothing worth the investment here but as I initially got the game via a free press promo code and REALLY LIKE IT, I had to make a supportive donation so as to ensure v1.3 sees the light of day!

My iTunes Reviews