★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game ideas?

01-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Game ideas?

Well I know that apparently there are trillions of game ideas out there. But out of those trillion I'm sure only about a couple hundred million are for pick up and play games.
Due to the lack of pick up and play game ideas, I have been unable to get an idea for a pick up and play game.

Anyone have any good ideas for a quick game?
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
classic nes games like excite bike?

01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
me and my friends have always looked for a game like free rider

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erdude50 View Post
me and my friends have always looked for a game like free rider
that game would be fun on idevices. green button to go, red to stop, and to lean tilt the devices in the direction you want the rider to lean?
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wttwoa View Post
classic nes games like excite bike?
I haventt played that ever before so I just googled it and tried it out.
lol it was funny. That's a good candidate but I dont want to rip it off...
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Fat Princess.

Game Center: Diligence
01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Excite Bike rocks, still got the NES Game at home.

I always wanted to play a game where you are the bad guy. Imagine Castlevania. In my game you wouldn´t be the hero, you would be in command of the baddies, you would specify where they will be placed around the level and how they´ll attack when they face the hero. You would set up traps, and define Boss Attacks depending on the current power ups the hero gained. So its vice versa, instead of you controlling the hero, you´d see him trying to get through the level you designed. A bit like Dungeon Keeper if you will. Think outside the box =)

Good luck!

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by tblrsa; 01-08-2010 at 06:07 PM.
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrsa View Post
Excite Bike rocks, still got the NES Game at home.

I always wanted to play a game where you are the bad guy. Imagine Castlevania. In my game you wouldn´t be the hero, you would be in command of the baddies, you would specify where they will be placed around the level and how they´ll attack when they face the hero. You would set up traps, and define Boss Attacks depending on the current power ups the hero gained. So its vice versa, instead of you controlling the hero, you´d see him trying to get through the level you designed. A bit like Dungeon Keeper if you will. Think outside the box =)

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that different approach out!
01-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Anything with unlockables/ achievements, an in game shop with loads of gear, a perfect difficulty increasing level, loads of levels and the perfect pick up and play formula! If only I knew what that was :/

Add me on Game Center - EIIIOT
Massive Outwitters and Jetpack Joyride fan
01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeldomSeenKid View Post
Anything with unlockables/ achievements, an in game shop with loads of gear, a perfect difficulty increasing level, loads of levels and the perfect pick up and play formula! If only I knew what that was :/
Haha if only!
If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them here...seriously.