★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Official Assassin's Creed 2 Help Thread

View Poll Results: Were you lucky enough to buy the accidental release of AC2?
Yes 13 27.08%
No 25 52.08%
Y ISNT DIS GAM 1 DOLLER!!!!11! 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Official Assassin's Creed 2 Help Thread

Its official. If you need help, just post in this thread.
I thought that we would need a separate thread for people who need help in the game. Well, those who were lucky enough to get it that is...

Okay, so is there a way to change your difficulty? Because, all I'm seeing is Normal when I get a new mission pop up.

Any help?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
That is a good question. I don't see a way so i'm thinking no.

01-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Normal doesn't refer to the difficulty level, it refers to the type of mission.
From what I read of the 'help section' in the pause menu, there are two types of missions.

"Normal", and "Chase". Normal means stealth, action, whatever you like (but if you get spotted three times, and then once more the mission/checkpoint fails). Chase is pretty self explanatory, I've only played the game a bit and only encountered one chase mission so far.

In the unlockable 'Animus hacks' and 'Feats' there's a Hard mode you can unlock.

Currently Playing: Red Conquest! and Trenches
01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Anyone have advice for not getting killed by missing long jumps? That's the problem I've been having.
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamBone View Post
Normal doesn't refer to the difficulty level, it refers to the type of mission.
From what I read of the 'help section' in the pause menu, there are two types of missions.

"Normal", and "Chase". Normal means stealth, action, whatever you like (but if you get spotted three times, and then once more the mission/checkpoint fails). Chase is pretty self explanatory, I've only played the game a bit and only encountered one chase mission so far.

In the unlockable 'Animus hacks' and 'Feats' there's a Hard mode you can unlock.
Oh, okay thanks.

01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David7 View Post
Anyone have advice for not getting killed by missing long jumps? That's the problem I've been having.
Don't... miss them?

(Sorry, I just kind of angry at missing out on the accidental release )
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Don't... miss them?

(Sorry, I just kind of angry at missing out on the accidental release )
Haha, same, but I still don't know if I woulda forked over 11 bucks for it... They said that the price was an accident, so maybe it's going to be a normal price of maybe 1.99 (maybe they accidentally hit an extra 1?).

So for you guys who have it, how's the game so far?
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Haha, same, but I still don't know if I woulda forked over 11 bucks for it... They said that the price was an accident, so maybe it's going to be a normal price of maybe 1.99 (maybe they accidentally hit an extra 1?).

Its awesome. I think its worth $11.99 (maybe they accidently pressed 1 instead of 2)

01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Eh, I wish I would have got it. I was initially waiting for impressions, but it was already pulled by the time I got home from school. >_>
01-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post

I just spent $20.00 to download Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? for the PSP, a game that I've grown to despise with a passion. Would have gladly paid $11.99 for AC2.