★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mislete LLC
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Bart the Barbarian combines elements of arcade action and adventure. Explore large, beautifully rendered worlds. Use different weapons and tactics to combat a variety of enemies you encounter throughout your exploration. Seek out hidden objects and solve puzzles.

- Fun, fast-paced exciting game-play with tilt/tap navigation

- 50 Monsters Each with its own personality and weakness to a given weapon class. Some prefer to act alone; some swarm and some cant be outrun.

- Over 10 Weapons Each has its own strengths and drawbacks that challenge you to choose the right tool for the job.

- 5 beautiful and varied levels feature terrain and enemy-based obstacles.

- Save-game ability allows you to continue your adventure at a later time. It also allows you to checkpoint your progress before attempting a more difficult part of the game.

- Custom calibration mechanism lets you to center the game at any reasonable playing angle. This allows you to play comfortably with limited space.

- Groovy music track that you will never grow tired of.

- Help page provides hints and tips on game-play, monsters, weapons etc.

- Hints that appear when you first encounter an object in the game. Their appearance can be toggled in the Settings pane.

"iPad.net: Bart the Barbarian HD is Bartaculous!"

"I love this game. It is playable, addictive, funny, original and child-friendly. Unlike some of the more gruesome offerings in the adventure game genre, Id be quite happy for my younger son to play this. In fact, as a testament to the game, I had to prise him off it before school this morning!"

Playability: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 9/ 10
Originality: 9/10
Fun Factor: 10/10
Value: 9/10

Chad - iPad.net Editor

Devilishly Good's comments:

Link to Lite version:
01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I tried the lite version and like the idea of it but it just doesn't work well IMO. I have no idea why they went with tilt control for a game like this. Also, there are tons and tons of monsters in your path, so trying to tilt to go by them and later (when you get a weapon) tapping on the screen to attack is way too much.

I kind of like the look and idea of the game but they should have thought through the control options a little.
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Same here - just tried the lite and the controls are atrocious. Great concept, needs a total control revamp. Now I am not the best on tilt controls but heck even I can see this was not implemented well at all.