★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Herp Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (7)
App description: Black Matter is fast-paced battle action combined with tower defense strategy. Prepare to fight hordes of enemies that push your space station off the screen. Upgrade your weapons and blast your enemies away.

Black Matter takes you on an epic journey. Fight your way through four episodes full of nasty enemies and earn fame and money. Upgrade your space station with superior weapon systems, beat gigantic boss enemies until you reach the epic 100 final levels.

Have fun!

-------------------------------------------------------

- 140 levels filled with loads of enemies

- 5 awesome weapon systems (laser cannon, rockets, nukes, plasma rail cannon, ice storm)

- 6 upgrades for each weapon (guided missiles, super freezing ice, speed ups, )
01-08-2010, 11:57 PM
damn, this is from the maker of 'defend your iphone' a fun game, actually identical to this it seems in every way, except more 'manly' looking

i'm going to have a hard time resisting this one, since i loved the original, although the original was a little short

01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
You are so right. This is the sequel of Defend Your Phone.

I tried to integrate all the great ideas from this forum. And yes, the main criticism was the too cute graphics. Hope you like the new ones.

You found the original game too short? Did you play through all 140 Levels? I heard of people who needed a very long time to beat the game on hard or even medium difficulty.

Yes, I made some games: www.herpgames.com
01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Downloading...
01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwahn View Post
You are so right. This is the sequel of Defend Your Phone.

I tried to integrate all the great ideas from this forum. And yes, the main criticism was the too cute graphics. Hope you like the new ones.

You found the original game too short? Did you play through all 140 Levels? I heard of people who needed a very long time to beat the game on hard or even medium difficulty.
the cute graphics i think worked, they seemed to fit, but yeah, i did find myself thinking "this would be cool with some spaceships/etc"

i think i played on easy (if it was available), i never go for hard, as it tends to ruin the whole point of playing a game (for me), i.e. a fun escape from reality

its very possible i might have gotten merely very close to the end, as i was playing around the time i had to exchange my ipod for a new one, so lost my saves on all my games.

then again, maybe it just felt too short because it was so much fun

screw it, i'm getting this one anyway, can only be even more fun
01-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Thats great. You seem to have really liked Defend Your Phone. That makes a dev happy.

01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
black matter seems just as fun as the original

one thing i would change however; make the weapon platforms bigger, seems harder to notice the improvement icons on the top/bottom of each weapon platform after purchasing, not to mention the weapon icons on the platforms are now smaller, seems to be a bit too much empty space in the whole 3x3 platform. expand some of the inner parts of each individual platform to give more use to the weapons, i think that would add some more to the visuals.

anyway, still a fun game, i like how it boils down all the essentials of a great game into a simple fun shooter, or the essentials of a great shooter into a simple fun game.

hope to see some additions down the line to this one.
01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
We are looking for some testers of the current version of the game. As a tester you will get a free copy of the game.

Have a look at this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=41617.

Thank you araczynski for the suggestions. I have integrated them instantly in the upcoming v1.1.

01-17-2010, 10:42 PM
We need a gameplay video here because, although it looks interesting, I don't quite understand how it works o.o .Looks nice
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
This game looks pretty incredible. The graphics look great! I love action games with tower defense strategy in one. This game meets all of those requirements.