★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dark Void Zero (sidescroller shooter from Capcom)

01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Dark Void Zero (sidescroller shooter from Capcom)

This game looks really great. Is from Capcom, and should be released for iPhone in February. I'm getting this without a doubt...... for DSi though (releases January). It should have the best controls by far.

Anyway, who plans to get it (should be $4.99)

Now Playing Broken Sword
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Is it confirmed for iPhone?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post

This game looks really great. Is from Capcom, and should be released for iPhone in February. I'm getting this without a doubt...... for DSi though (releases January). It should have the best controls by far.

Anyway, who plans to get it (should be $4.99)
Hmm.... Maybe it's cause I don't like retro stuff as much (except for Hook Champ!), but this doesn't look THAT amazing. In other words, I'm not gonna get it. Sorry!

Edit, just watched a video for it and it looks better. I just didn't think it looked that great in the picture. Hmmm... For 5 bucks though... Maybe. I played the demo for the PS3 version and it was pretty fun though! (The 3D version)

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2

Last edited by Hitch; 01-08-2010 at 09:21 PM.
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Reminds me of Contra a bit... definetly keeping my eye on this one. I'm kind of a sucker for old school shooters like this.
01-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Is it confirmed for iPhone?
At the end of the official trailer, it says coming also to "PC and mobile phones".

Now Playing Broken Sword
01-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post
At the end of the official trailer, it says coming also to "PC and mobile phones".
I don't think THIS game is coming to iPhone. Maybe some sort of "mobile" version of Dark Void is going to cellphones, but I don't think DVZ will be on iPhone.

The game looks cool, in a retro sort of way (as far as the DS version vid goes). Someone is definitely dedicated. It really looks really NES/8-bit, unlike what the kids nowadays like to call "retro". The palette choices and number of colors per 8x8 square, number of sprites per line before flicker, etc.

I'll check it out, just because of the dedication to looking really 8-bit.
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
iPhone version of DVZ has been confirmed by Kotaku, coming out April 12. I got the DS version and it's very cool, but pretty darn challenging. We'll see how it works with touch controls.
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
iPhone version of DVZ has been confirmed by Kotaku, coming out April 12. I got the DS version and it's very cool, but pretty darn challenging. We'll see how it works with touch controls.
is it true that the DS version is only $5?
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtOFskittles View Post
is it true that the DS version is only $5?
If I remember correctly, yes -- it released as DSiWare.
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM
looks awesome. and it's coming monday!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.