★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Game created by Yilmaz Kiymaz and Alex Schwartz in 24 hours. Happy new years from GTProductions

Concept:
You and your brother (Super Ramen BROTHers) are running on a supermarket cashier's conveyor belt, trying to avoid getting scanned, taken home, and eaten. You have to either jump or swerve to avoid oncoming food items. If you are hit, you get knocked back a notch, closer to the scanner and your eventual doom. If you happen to gather a soy sauce packet, you get moved forward a notch.

Controls:
There are 3 lanes and the characters can move from lane to lane with a simple lateral swipe. Jumps are executed with a quick tap.

Online leaderboards using AGON

Credits:
Yilmaz Kiymaz (@Voxelboy)
Alex Schwartz (@GTJuggler)

Sweet art contributions - Matt Board
Rockin prop creation - Beth Beinke
Kickin music - Steve Trenkamp
Game concept winner - Sailor Jensen

Creation Date - 01/01/2010
Created in 24 hours

Created with the collaborative efforts of Boston indie developers and Toucharcade forum members.

gtjuggler's comments:

Video Link: http://www.vimeo.com/8506224

Read about the unique development process and how this game was made in only 24 hours: http://gtjuggler.blogspot.com/2010/0...eme-ramen.html
01-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Wow lol I actually like this game. Wasn't too sure what to expect..but for a 24hr project its pretty fun.

Agon though..FTL

01-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to gtjuggler Send a message via Yahoo to gtjuggler
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Wow lol I actually like this game. Wasn't too sure what to expect..but for a 24hr project its pretty fun.
Thanks man, that is very encouraging!

Quote:
Agon though..FTL
I wonder, is that the general feeling about games with AGON? From a developer standpoint it's very clean and easy to work with.
01-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Ya, Agon is crap. You cant use it on more than one devices. People upgrade their iDevices Agon

Btw, did I miss how to pause this game or you forgot to add an option for it
01-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Are you thinking of adding updates? [don't see why you wouldn't, just wondering]

But Agon..I just can't describe why I don't like it. It almost feels like a knockoff of OF/Plus+, when I get a game and see it has Agon [don't judge me for this] I tend to view the game differently, I'm not sure why. Samurai: WOTW & Inkvaders come to mind.. I've heard how it is easy for devs, but as a consumer, I just don't like Agon at all.
01-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Btw, did I miss how to pause this game or you forgot to add an option for it
The aisle eleven symbol in the hud doubles as a pause symbol (ish?) so you can just tap that.

One minor omission, however, is a 'back to menu' button from the postgame screen. Quit and re-open. It's the 24-hour way :P
01-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjuggler View Post
The aisle eleven symbol in the hud doubles as a pause symbol (ish?) so you can just tap that.
Oh. So I did miss it. I swear I tapped it last time but it didnt work :P
01-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Oh. So I did miss it. I swear I tapped it last time but it didnt work :P
*Looks skeptically in your direction* Mhmmmmm... :P
01-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Well, online framework preferences aside, feel free to check out the public scoreboard on my site to see who (and where!) the best ramen players are:

http://gtproductions.net/projects/su...rs/scores.html
01-09-2010, 05:09 AM
im astonished people are complaining about AGON.

AGON is NOT crap, im extremely pleased you chose this over OF which i hate with a massive passion

as for the game, brilliant work guys! nice and quirky pick up and play game, really like the till receipt styleee to lol .. and the cat!!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014