★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Coming Soon, Project: MiniGame Madness inspired by: Wario Ware

01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Coming Soon, Project: MiniGame Madness inspired by: Wario Ware

I'm an indy dev and solo developer of this game with the help of a handful or graphics artists.

This game was inspired by the Wario Ware series, one of my favorite games since the GBA release.

I wanted to create fast, and fun mini games where you rely on your intuition or hunch to get through each puzzle

You will drag and drop, touch, tilt, and shoot your way through 55 levels, and I will be adding more and more levels with future updates.

Here are a few screenshots, and expect this game to hit the App store by the end of next week! The game will be under a different name, I'm just calling it Project: MiniGame Madness until it releases. I will post an update here, and a link to new iphone releases when it debuts end of next week!

I will also take suggestions for updates, and be adding more and more games (I'm trying to keep this under the 10mb limit which can be hard for a game like this with the various graphics, and puzzles)

Last edited by butterbean21; 01-09-2010 at 01:02 PM.
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
hmm.. good idea, but the graphics aren't similar. Some looks good,
but other seems to be made with paint.

I'm not judging the beauty of the artworks, but the graphics of your game looks like different artworks, pasted together.

Beta tester for Pocket God, Minigore, Towers of War, Airstrike Defense & 9 Innings 2011 - Join TAD - Join TAD: Touch Arcade Defenders! and Canucks of TA - Contact me if you want your game translated or betatested!

01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
sorry but those graphics look pretty bad IMO
EDIT: different screenies now don't look as bad.

Last edited by Chapperz :D; 01-09-2010 at 01:12 PM.
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu914 View Post
hmm.. good idea, but the graphics aren't similar. Some looks good,
but other seems to be made with paint.

I'm not judging the beauty of the artworks, but the graphics of your game looks like different artworks, pasted together.
that's not necesarily wrong! I have warioware touched fo the ds and all the minigames have a different art style to hem! Though it is true he graphics aren't that impressive...

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Maybe your game is good, but you'll probably lose lots of potential buyers
with that graphics. Graphics of a game is like the cover page of a book. Many people will choose a book with a beautiful cover page even if the story is bad.

Beta tester for Pocket God, Minigore, Towers of War, Airstrike Defense & 9 Innings 2011 - Join TAD - Join TAD: Touch Arcade Defenders! and Canucks of TA - Contact me if you want your game translated or betatested!
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Pass and play is definitely very important

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 01-10-2010 at 04:11 PM.
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I remember playing the very first wario ware, mind you it was on the GBA, but the graphics were not great even for the GBA, they were very basic and simple, but the gameplay was great, so it was easy to look past all that!

And the graphics did look like a mixed bag too! I think that's what added to the charm of the game, at least for me, cuz some where great, and some were "okay"

I will try and go back and polish the game up and maybe get some better graphics added to the sprite ones...

But I thought having played the Wario Ware games myself, that I remember, especially with the first installment, that they had a variety of minigames, and a wide variety or graphics.

I know other wario ware releases have better graphics, and the cut scenes are nice, but this is a game catered more to gameplay, mind you, there are some scenes where the graphics are really nice!

3 of my games in the app store have pretty nice graphics, but I decided to tighten the budget in that area, and work more on the mini games themselves

And some of the levels do have pretty good graphics, these 2 are probably not good samples, I'll post up some different levels

Last edited by butterbean21; 01-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.
01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Liking the new screenies!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks! I'm going to change it up a bit and take some of your suggestions

I thought the mixed bag of graphics would stay true to the series, but I'll try to make the other graphics look better, and replace them with "pretty" ones, much like my other games

Thanks !
01-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to Bluellama1 Send a message via Yahoo to Bluellama1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bluellama1
Can't wait, I love WarioWare!

"Send a noob to kill a noob."
TFW Hoenn actually confirmed