★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best mp set up(dont post pissed posts)

01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
Best mp set up(dont post pissed posts)

So im bored to tears and im curious about whats the best multiplayer set up in a game like a rank system or something that kind of rewards you for playing but no eliminate pro.
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 125
The best reward for playing would be 'fun', but since that is ephemeral and usually not associated with an achievement, I'd say probably NOVA. I like Galcon, but I don't think it has a ranking system ...

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.

01-09-2010, 10:17 PM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,373
From your post the only game that comes to mind is Eliminate Pro.



CoD:WaW:Zombies is a fun multiplayer game as well but you don't move up in rank.

Game Center: Diligence
01-09-2010, 10:22 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: the next whiskey bar
Posts: 5,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by one f jef View Post
The best reward for playing would be 'fun', but since that is ephemeral and usually not associated with an achievement, I'd say probably NOVA. I like Galcon, but I don't think it has a ranking system ...
actually it does, it assigns each player a "level" (captain, admiral, etc) based on his/her number of wins & losses. I think there are leaderboards on the galcon site somewhere..
01-09-2010, 10:26 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
I like eliminate but when im out of energy i get soo bored. Also the controls suck zombie has the best controls but that one map is boring now mainly because ive played it everyday since the hour it was released.
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_dance View Post
I like eliminate but when im out of energy i get soo bored. Also the controls suck zombie has the best controls but that one map is boring now mainly because ive played it everyday since the hour it was released.

Oh, definitely go for Nova. Best MP for me. While there's no ranks or anything, there's Gameloft Live achievements and an online leaderboard. The maps vary alot and the gameplay is awesome. Plus it has a great campaign, and as a total package is worth 7 bucks.
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
But i really am worried about getting it then not liking it keep in mind i HATE halo.
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_dance View Post
But i really am worried about getting it then not liking it keep in mind i HATE halo.
I'm not the biggest Halo fan ever (those nerdy fanboys really help influence my opinion..) but this is one of my favorite apps out there. If you hate Halo because of the crowd it attracts, get NOVA. If you hate the gameplay that much... Well... You may want to try to get Sandstorm working online. Gameplay is almost identical to Halo, except Iactually like NOVA better... A rip off better than its influence.
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 250
I hate halo cause of the crowd and gameplay thats why i got a ps3 abut thats also because free online WAIT im about to make a console war! But im worried nova will get boring to fast cause nothing to unlock or work twards.
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,610
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_dance View Post
I hate halo cause of the crowd and gameplay thats why i got a ps3 abut thats also because free online WAIT im about to make a console war! But im worried nova will get boring to fast cause nothing to unlock or work twards.
Gameloft Live has tons of leaderboards/ achievements and the online has one leaderboard but it's kind of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.