★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Fantastic Word Game With a Unique Twist" - 4/5 Stars - Touch Reviews

"... a 5-Dimple gem that has us buzzing." - 5/5 Dimples, Best Apps of Jan 2010 - AppSmile

Help a mildly overweight Spelling Bee to defend himself with word-powered attacks and abilities. Make the longest words you can to increase your score!

- Compete against other players on online leaderboards
- Over 200,000 recognized words
- Aid an anatomically incorrect but adorable insect in his quest against bad grammar and spelling
- Adjustable difficulty: a word game for players of all skill levels, from schoolkids to savants.

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Well, it, a Bookworm Adventures clone, without the...adventure... Seems like you just battle one foe after another without "going" anywhere. So the whole game is just survival mode I suppose.

The dictionary appears limited; in about a half hour's play two words I tried were not recognized.

Game crashed once, the first time I loaded it up and selected tutorial. Appears to have been fine since.

Look, definitely nothing seriously wrong here, it's just, without some kind of progression ala Bookworm Adventures, I found myself wondering why exactly I was playing, a few levels through. Unable to come up with a good reason, I turned it off.