★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Simon the Sorcerer 2, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Inherit the Earth are on Sale

01-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Simon the Sorcerer 2, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Inherit the Earth are on Sale

Seem to have gone to 1.99$ and 0.99$ respectively.

I loved Flight of the Amazon Queen (witness my signature ). Not quite as good as The Secret of Monkey Island and Beneath a Steel Sky, but very enjoyable nevertheless, with well-constructed and logical puzzles, good writing voice-acting and humor, and nice length.

Any feedback on Simon the Sorcerer 2 and Inherit the Earth? Should I bite?

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
showing $1.99 over here

01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow. I was just going to buy FotAQ this week. Glad I waited!! And I guess I totally forgot that StS2 was available! What a great time to buy!! ItE is just more gravy!! What a nice Sunday surprise!! Thanks!!
01-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Getting all, thanks for the heads up!
01-11-2010, 05:36 AM
What about some feedback, guys? Should I get those?

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
01-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I just bought Simon 2 yesterday. I also bought Simon 1 a few months ago. Now Im playing through them and so far, I love the humor. It makes really fun, so go ahead and spent the two bucks .

And, btw, here are the first 4 hours of the game

Youtube link | Pop Up

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
01-11-2010, 05:53 AM
But how are the controls and the puzzles? And what about "Inherit the Earth"?

01-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Controls are fine. I prefer the mouse pointer stuff. Just move a mouse pointer to the desired place and then tap on the action. Doesn’t feel that awkward like it did in the Monkey Island game.

The other control method lets you move around the screen with a little magnifier. I found the pointer method to be a bit better (you know, it’s the old non-transparent-finger problem).

The controls are good enough to not distract me from the great game. Something I cannot say about Monkey Island, which I deleted after some tries.

Review of the old game: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,77

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
01-11-2010, 08:37 AM
there is Simon 2 out? OMG, I've missed it T_T

but now I have both

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
01-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Pity ive already bought Simon 1 and 2. Flight of the Amazon Queen is pretty awesome aswell, played it on my PC. And Inherit the Earth (Erben der Erde), yeah, i remember myself playing this game many many years ago. I guess the Amiga has been blessed with a version of this one aswell.

No doubt, all this games are a great deal for that price. Give us Monkey Island 2 and Indy 4 before i sell you any new leather jackets

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by tblrsa; 01-11-2010 at 09:23 AM.