★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Be Free or Die

01-10-2010, 03:34 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 316
Be Free or Die

This game was free yesterday and I tried several times to download it. Everytime I got an error that the item was under maintence. Now today I try again and it's 99cents. Did anyone get it, and can tell me if it is good or not? I love CoD:Zombies(storyless), MC:S(beat it), Nova(beat it), eliminate(getting bored). So I want a decent FPS to work on again. If you played this game tell me what you think of it. iTunes reviews are short and unhelpful from all the casual gamers who only got it because it was free. Thanks.
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
i got a promo code but i can give you honest feedback.

this is a great zombie shooting game and there are many control schemes (dual stick, slide screen and more). it also has a great 'feel' to it.

the graphics aren't excellent and there are only 5 or 6 levels but it is still an great game and i had a lot of fun with it and it is well worth the money

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 316
Hmm.. About half as many as nova/mc:sandstorm. Does it save your progress between levels or midlevel aswell(like in nova). And how in depth are the levels(if able relate them to another iPhone fps from my first post). I am very intrested in the game but I'm trying to cut back my purchases to only 1 it 2 apps a month
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 31.560499, -111.904128
Posts: 7,471
That game looks pretty crappy to me.

If you want a good FPS, try 'Infinity Project'.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-infinity-project/id344783567?mt=8

I was expecting this game to be bad, but it is actually really good.
The game runs nice and smooth, good graphics and the gameplay is good.

Probably one of the best and most underrated FPS games on the iPhone.

Hakuna Matata
01-10-2010, 04:39 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 316
Wow, infinity project looks great. Appears better graphics than be free or die..
And idea on how many levels or game hours and is the story good? Seems some good fps coming out in 2010 so far. I'm torn between the two now.
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJesus View Post
Wow, infinity project looks great. Appears better graphics than be free or die..
And idea on how many levels or game hours and is the story good? Seems some good fps coming out in 2010 so far. I'm torn between the two now.
Cliche story, but it's definitely one of THE BEST FPS's I've played on the iDevice. Graphics are actually pretty nice, and there's like 8 weapons you can unlock in game. You can free-roam the levels, and the estimated play time for an average FPS gamer is 8 to 10 hours. Basically the game is NOVA with lesser graphics, free-roaming, more weapons, and twice as long of a play time. I highly recommend Infinity Project.
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
#7
both games are woth the 0.99 that they cost
01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: us of a
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Cliche story, but it's definitely one of THE BEST FPS's I've played on the iDevice. Graphics are actually pretty nice, and there's like 8 weapons you can unlock in game. You can free-roam the levels, and the estimated play time for an average FPS gamer is 8 to 10 hours. Basically the game is NOVA with lesser graphics, free-roaming, more weapons, and twice as long of a play time. I highly recommend Infinity Project.
+1

It's an awesome game and the developer is active on the forums gathering bug reports and new ideas from other gamers.

01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
+1

It's an awesome game and the developer is active on the forums gathering bug reports and new ideas from other gamers.
What they said.
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaustrianoak View Post
both games are woth the 0.99 that they cost
+1

You cant go wrong either way. The dev of Be Free Or Die is adding features for an update right now. So dont completely forget about it till then.