★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ★★★★★ rated game FREE!

01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
★★★★★ rated game FREE!

Let's roast chestnuts by the fire and play 3D Jingle Balls [review] for a while! :-)

Youtube link | Pop Up

It features snowmen, Christmas trees, teddy bears and nice outdoor and indoor scenes with that happy holiday feeling.

Beatiful levels guarantee to provide fun for all ages.
If you're up to the challenge, check out Libra Balance as well [review]

Features:
✔ full 3D (OpenGL)
✔ topnotch graphics
✔ accurate physics
✔ 8 beatiful, holiday-themed levels
✔ not quite Jingle Bells, but a similar melody in a light Christmas style arrangement is included as in-game music
✔ auto save and resume
✔ intuitive, accelerometer based tilt controls
✔ easy, medium and hard game modes
✔ music and sound fx can be switched off
✔ global or local highscores
✔ ability to submit your highscores to Twitter and Facebook
✔ send and accept invitations from friends
✔ comment your friends' achievments

★ PICK UP AND PLAY ★
3D Jingle Balls can be played on the go and absorb you into the game regardless of the time you have.

★ GAMEPLAY ★
Your goal is to get all the balls into the hole to proceed to the next level. Tilt, turn and shake your device to move the in-game platter and the balls.

★ AUTO SAVE AND RESUME ★
No worries if you get a phone call or need to exit out the game in a hurry. The game autosaves your progress so you can stop and resume with no hassle or fuss.

You can disable the in-game music and the sound fx and listen to your own.

★ ONLINE OR OFFLINE HIGHSCORES ★
When you run the game for the first time, it asks you to create a profile. You can choose between online or offline profile; if you create an offline profile but you decide later that you want to take it online, just try to look at the global high scores and you will be given the option to take your profile online.

Check out your ranking on the online leaderboards and invite your friends to compete with you! In addition, you can submit your highest score to Twitter and Facebook.

★ ONLINE HIGHSCORES ★
Tap the Highscores button or visit:
http://tinyurl.com/JingleScores

Please leave a honest review - it would help me a lot, thanks in advance!

Last edited by Carlos; 01-30-2010 at 03:37 PM.
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I played libra balance lite and enjoyed, as well as beat. I didn't upgrade however. I gave it 4 or 5 stars if I remember correctly. I haven't played the Christmas one yet, but perhaps sometime I wi buy one of the two and review it. It is a fun game.

01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy 3D Jingle Balls also. (Remark: It's way easier than Libra balance.)
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Tried to get Libra before, but for some reason it wouldn't work on my iPod, said it needed a microphone ... eh?

Assuming this one will be the same way ...

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.
01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one f jef View Post
Tried to get Libra before, but for some reason it wouldn't work on my iPod, said it needed a microphone ... eh?

Assuming this one will be the same way ...
This is for sure not my app, please recheck (see link in my signature). None of my games has to do with a microphone - as it's about 3D balancing, ball roll games.

It runs on all 2nd gen iPhones and iPod Touches.

Last edited by Carlos; 01-10-2010 at 07:03 PM.
01-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
This is for sure not my app, please recheck (see link in my signature). None of my games has to do with a microphone - as it's about 3D balancing, ball roll games.

It runs on all 2nd gen iPhones and iPod Touches.
Ahh, so because I have a 1st gen, the app store told me I needed a microphone instead of saying you just disabled first gen's in the app settings. Gotcha.

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.
01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Can't wait to try this game out on my 3GS!!!
01-11-2010, 03:18 AM
These games really are polished, fun and control to a really precise degree

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one f jef View Post
Ahh, so because I have a 1st gen, the app store told me I needed a microphone instead of saying you just disabled first gen's in the app settings. Gotcha.
Yep. In iTunesConnect the Device Requirements need to be "iPhone and iPod Touch". If the option with '2nd generation' is selected then the error message for 1st gen iPod Touches is that a microphone is needed. Very misleading (unless it's true of course).

Unfortunately this can only be changed on a resubmit.

I tried to download another app yesterday with the same problem.
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijo View Post
Yep. In iTunesConnect the Device Requirements need to be "iPhone and iPod Touch"...I tried to download another app yesterday with the same problem.
It's the same problem as with the game X Invasionócan't be installed on iPod touch because of "missing microphone".

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)