★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AC: Bloodlines on iPhone/iPod touch possible?

01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
AC: Bloodlines on iPhone/iPod touch possible?

I've been thinking of this for quite awhile...

After finishing AC: Bloodlines on the PSP despite the dreaded camera controls I can't help but imagining it getting ported to the iDevices. Yes iDevices may not have physical buttons and such, however camera controls on the PSP can be solved easily via tap and drag on the iDevices.

I reckon some of the physical buttons can be mapped to multi-touch gesture inputs, coupled with some on screen virtual buttons of course.

Graphical capability wise I think the latest generation of iDevices may be able to handle it pretty well... thoughts?
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drixz View Post
I've been thinking of this for quite awhile...

After finishing AC: Bloodlines on the PSP despite the dreaded camera controls I can't help but imagining it getting ported to the iDevices. Yes iDevices may not have physical buttons and such, however camera controls on the PSP can be solved easily via tap and drag on the iDevices.

I reckon some of the physical buttons can be mapped to multi-touch gesture inputs, coupled with some on screen virtual buttons of course.

Graphical capability wise I think the latest generation of iDevices may be able to handle it pretty well... thoughts?
Here's one thought...after 100 some posts you should know which forum to post in.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

01-10-2010, 08:32 PM
oh lord....

let's castrate the guy for posting in the wrong spot...

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
besides the controls.. is Bloodlines any good?

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Here's one thought...after 100 some posts you should know which forum to post in.
Lmao exactly what I was thinking.
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, considering the entire PSP game weighs in at only 530 MB it surely could be ported to the iPhone however the controls would have to be revamped.
Remember, Myst for the iPhone weighs in at 533 MB.
Completely doable however it would be up to the license holder to do so.
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Well, considering the entire PSP game weighs in at only 530 MB it surely could be ported to the iPhone however the controls would have to be revamped.
Whaa? What does size have to do with anything?
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry for the wrong thread section as I thought I was on the game discussion section =/

So would you guys think it's a good idea to bring this game to the iDevices?
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negamaki View Post
besides the controls.. is Bloodlines any good?
Besides the somewhat plain surroundings, poor AI and camera controls, it's quite like a dumbed down portable experience of the original AC from the consoles.

Not too shabby, but not too good either.
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
they won't port it over due to the small amount of return they would get on the iphone. it sells for >$40 for DS and psp, while no games on the app store cost more then 9.99