★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stairway to Heaven

01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Stairway to Heaven

I stumbled across this game and after finding virtually no info/vids - I decided to TOFTT.

It looked like a Kitten Jump but in 3D space with decent graphics. Here is the info:

Category: Games
Released: Dec 21, 2008
Price: $0.99

Stoka, the pesky fat fiend from the warm pits is trying to cheat his way into heaven. Help him jump from cloud to cloud in his attempt to ascend, and he'll help killing a few minutes of your time. You use the the iPhone's motion sensor to control Stoka. Tilt the phone forward and his jumps become longer, or hold it up to shorten the length of the jumps. Tilt left and right to move sideways. "Stairway to Heaven it the perfect game for people who like making pestering fiends jump from cloud to cloud using the motion sensor in the iPhone." - Lucas Meijer

Support Website: http://artplant.no

My thoughts - it needs polish. You kind of start awkwardly in motion instead of standing on a cloud. It needs other sounds besides the one when u fall and there's one sound when you touch the bird and u fly with wings for about 30 feet. I hope Lucas sees this and is working on improvements to his cute game.

It has promise and for .99, it was worth a look. I got it to show my friend who is one of the top Up There players and we got a good laugh out of it. Anyone else try this?

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
they really like pestering fiends! or well maybe google translate does..

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I saw this on AppSniper when it came out, and it's on my snipe list until I determine if it's worth getting. Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen it!

Hopefully the developer will release an update to this soon, it looks like a nice start.