★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rolando vs Hero of Sparta

View Poll Results: Rolando or Hero of Sparta?
Rolando 26 44.83%
Hero of Sparta 32 55.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Rolando vs Hero of Sparta

So which one do you guys prefer, now that they've both gone to $5.99?

Also, do you think they'll go even cheaper, considering HoS's price drop made Rolando's go down too?
01-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Hero of Sparta!!

I prefer GOD OF WAR SOOOOooo much more than LOCO ROCO (although loco roco is cute)

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Rolando vs HoS....
Well, I think it's obvious that Hero of Sparta would kick Rolando's butt in a fight...
Although they may be priced the same, they're 2 totally different games.
I guess it depends what you are looking for. A cute puzzler/platformer like Rolando, or more an action fighting type game like HoS.

As for further price drops, it's hard to say for sure....
01-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Rolando vs HoS....
Well, I think it's obvious that Hero of Sparta would kick Rolando's butt in a fight...
Although they may be priced the same, they're 2 totally different games.
I guess it depends what you are looking for. A cute puzzler/platformer like Rolando, or more an action fighting type game like HoS.

As for further price drops, it's hard to say for sure....
Alright how about this...which one lasts longer? Like how long does it take to beat each one and how good is the replay value?
01-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Difficult games to compare due to the genre being entirely different, but that aside, I say Rolando. It's by far the highest quality iphone game I've played yet, and the controls are obviously designed specifically for the device; mind you the joystick in HoS is well done, but stilll...

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-21-2009, 03:51 PM
I can't believe this is even a question-but seeing how it is

Hero of Sparta is way better not just for action but replay, and multiple upgradable combo weponry, not to metion the look of the game and it's menus, and it's longer than rolando.

You can save your money on rolando by just you tubing it and watching the vid, you get about the same amount of fun.

Last edited by RedStaR; 01-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I have both games, but I think with Rolando you get more for your money.
01-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't have Hero of Sparta but I was making the same decision (Rolando vs. HoS) a couple of days ago. I was very hesitant on getting Rolando as it did not really appeal to me (trailers did nothing for me), but I decided to get it anyway because of the great reviews it was getting. I do not regret getting it at all. I do NOT think it's the best game on the iPhone, but it's a very good game, and I have been playing it a lot since I purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStaR View Post
You can't save your money on rolando by just you tubing it and watching the vid, you get about the same amount of fun.
Assuming you meant can and not can't, I completely disagree with you. I'm not sure how you could make that statement. It's not like the game is a graphical powerhouse or anything, in fact it's the gameplay that makes the game so much fun. Again, I'm not the biggest Rolando fan, but it's definitely a fun game.

I think no matter which game you get, you'll enjoy it. They both have great reviews. I will most likely get HoS either after I finish Rolando if payback is not out yet or after I get payback once I get sick of it.

Plus+ (Eliminate): CBraun53

Favorite games: Bounce On, Car Jack Streets, Blue Defense!, AlienMangle, Snail Mail, Mouse About
01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
While Rolando is ok, Hero of Sparta has more going on in it and better replay value. Rolando gets boring, very very fast as you are basically doing the same thing, over and over and over.
I am playing through HoS the third time now. It's just that good but i am yet to finish the 7th stage in Rolando, since last year.
01-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I love both, HoS is a great game, but I would say Rolando for it's charming figures and awesome artstyle.