★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kevin Ng
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.1 MB
  • Version: 1.60
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The hit word game, as featured on MacWorld, Wired and The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW).

"Word puzzles meet Tetris" - TUAW. "WordCrasher is a hit! 5 out of 5" - appsmile.com. "Add another word game to your list of must have apps! 5 out of 5" - slapapp.com
Recognizes US, UK, International English
See the trailer at www.wordcrasher.com

---

**Press Reviews**
"One of the most well-made, entertaining, beautiful, and downright awesome word games Ive ever played. 10/10" - Brickroll.com

"WordCrasher is my newest favorite word game" - iPhone Life

"WordCrasher for iPhone and iPod Touch comes highly recommended to word game enthusiasts everywhere. It is a visual delight and addictive in its play." - AppModo.com

"Developer Kevin Ng's graphics are phenomenal" - TUAW.com

"Its got killer graphics and animation, recognizes over 65,000 words, works for both iPhone and iPod Touch, and is 100% worth the download!" - SlapApp.com

"We have been hooked and can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys word games." - SlideToPlay.com

---

WordCrasher is an addictive new word game designed from the ground up for iPhone and iPod Touch. WordCrasher lets you use UK, International and US English spelling.

As letters fall down and pile up on your screen, touch them to make words. Making long words and using rare letters is a risky strategy, but will score much higher. But watch out, if the letters reach the top of the screen it's Game Over!

- Retina Display support for high definition graphics
- Game Center compatible
- Worldwide online score boards and achievements.
- Facebook and Twitter enabled.
- Two gameplay modes - the classic "Marathon" and the more difficult "Flood Panic" which introduces water and buoyancy into the mix!
- Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce and roll around as they fall.
- Tilt the screen to fill the gaps and keep the Game Over screen at bay!
- The game tracks the size of your vocabulary. Enter new words and expand your repertoire to climb the worldwide vocabulary leaderboard.
- Over 190,000 words recognized, in US, UK and International English.
- WordCrasher is OpenFeint enabled. Earn achievements to increase your OpenFeint score.
- Smooth graphics and gameplay on all iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
- Multitasking on iOS 4 (multitasking compatible devices only).

PixelsOnToast's comments:

My new iPhone game "WordCrasher" is released on the App Store today. It's on sale for the first week at 50% off, so that's $0.99 US instead of $1.99. It is similarly discounted in all territories.

WordCrasher is my first game as an independent developer after 12 years in the industry working for companies such as EA and Rockstar Games. Previous titles include "Skate" (Xbox 360), "Bully" (PS2) and "Starlancer" (PC and Dreamcast).

Check out the website and a chance to win an iPod touch 8GB: -

www.wordcrasher.com

01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
hi wish you all the success. thats one cool thing about the iphone/pod you can go indi.. and rock our worlds. heh
every one and there face book. blah.. to old for such. good luck guys on the contest. anyhow, i like word games just bought.
chris.

Last edited by sid187; 01-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.

01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Picked it up... and I'm looking forward to getting some time to try it out. Best of luck with the game...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Game Impressions

Liking the physics in this game.
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Any leaderboards in this game by any chance ?

Edit: I see there is openfeint.....I should have read the info on the link !

Sold

Last edited by cranker; 01-11-2010 at 02:40 PM.
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
This is a really great word game.

This game is very polished and different from the other word games I own. I love the music, physics, colors and different sized letters.

What I would love to see added...

Multiplayer (although the leaderboards are great)

Records, such as the your best words and how many words (total) you have found. It looks like it does this after the game but a records section with stats listed would be great.

As is, this is still a five star game IMO.
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is a really great word game.

This game is very polished and different from the other word games I own. I love the music, physics, colors and different sized letters.

What I would love to see added...

Multiplayer (although the leaderboards are great)

Records, such as the your best words and how many words (total) you have found. It looks like it does this after the game but a records section with stats listed would be great.

As is, this is still a five star game IMO.

I agree that multiplayer would be awesome in this game. But as is, it replaces textropolis as my favorite word game because of the added feature of openfeint

Leaderboards are a must to keep you wanting to play one more time !!!

Great game !!! Love it
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
nice

Very impressed. Well worth the 99 cents for sure! I can see myself playing this for awhile for sure.

Playing: idigit1 & Expeditions, Adventure Bay, Sword & Poker 1&2, HR Derby 3D, Paladog
(RIP LootWars...)
01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi. Iv been playing. It's a. Orignal word game. No doubt. Online would be cool and probe how dumb I am. Heh.

It seems to not like some of my words even tho they are legit. Makes it's challenging for me. Sending the link to my parents they will like it too. Thank you for the game. Look forward to your other games to come.

Chris.