★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jetset - Strip searchin' fun for the whole family!

01-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Jetset - Strip searchin' fun for the whole family!

http://kotaku.com/5136101/take-airpo...rport-security

anyone download this yet? im curious but the price seem a bit too steep
01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
i was interested in this one too.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee

01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
01-21-2009, 06:35 PM
I like the playing at airports idea. But I don't fly that often, so it's not something up my street.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
I like the playing at airports idea. But I don't fly that often, so it's not something up my street.
You can play it anywhere....

Post 700!

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
You can play it anywhere....

Post 700!
Congrats!

the price is far too high, and does not justify the pop-up style graphics or animation. I'd love to try this though, so i'll just have to sit tight waiting for the price to come down to something reasonable.

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Man... I'm also interested in this one. I travel quite a bit so there is that feature for me, but for some reason I can't make my muscles pull the trigger. I was hoping for some sort of video on this one so I can see if it's just some "Diner Dash" type game or what...

And that price tag keeps it out of the TOFTT normal realm of calling for someone to do it... I know I'll probably TOFTT this one at some point, but... maybe tomorrow.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
If you're curious, try it online for free.

http://www.addictinggames.com/airportsecurity.html

I don't understand it to be honest......
01-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Okay... I finally pulled the trigger and picked it up. I end up traveling a lot and I liked the idea of being able to GPS you in the various airports around the world. I was only wondering if the game was any good or not.

Turns out, I really like the game.

You are the last line of defense at the airport and have to check the people going through to make sure they aren't taking on any prohibited stuff. You get to see what they're carrying and what they're wearing and if they have a bad item you have to remove it before letting them go through the gate.

The fun part is that you have to keep an eye out for the ever changing prohibited items, and the items that were bad that are now okay to bring on. It gets pretty frantic as you are trying to get people through the line before it gets too long and the items that are good and bad keep changing. I found myself getting more worked up in this game than I do with some of the supposed "frantic" games.

And it has a sense of humor. There are actually times where you might have shoes, shirt and pants all on the prohibited list. This means you send passengers through in their underwear. And then there are a lot of really run PA announcements made through the game that add to the fun time -- and make you mess up because you're listening to them instead of lookng at the current list of prohibited items.

I take my first trip next week and am looking forward to seeing what "gifts" I will get along the way.

It's a little cooler than a "Diner Dash" clone, which is what I was thinking it was. And while not a "Great Game". It's certainly going to make waiting in security lines a whole lot better.

Bob

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
01-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I feel kind of dirty talking about a strip-searching game...but it sounds great!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!