★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dumb Games Dev Team Updates

01-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Dumb Games Dev Team Updates

Yes The Dumb Games Dev team can't ever be sued for false advertising.
Dumb Games says it all, and they deliver exactly that.

Their Apps deffinitly fall into the "either you love them or hate them" catogory. Myself being a member of the latter of the two, their apps seem to have a cult alliegence among their customers.

In contrast theres quite a few that take the Dumb games plunge, buy an application and end up asking ourselves "what?" or "why?"

However I've never seen a Dev team add so many frequent updates, some might say that the lack of finished product before submission would reduce their update frequency. Although I feel that the updates are usually quite significant.

They are very Great with customer feedback.....and at times it seems that their the only ones that actually read their App Store reviews.

After playing every app they have to offer (i'm still trying to give 3-d guns of war a fair view but it's getting harder) I'm still not impressed with any app they have to offer....I am however thoroughly impressed with their Development proggression and wish them all the best.

Last edited by RedStaR; 01-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
01-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStaR View Post
Yes The Dumb Games Dev team can't ever be sued for false advertising.
Dumb Games says it all, and they deliver exactly that.

Their Apps deffinitly fall into the "either you love them or hate them" catogory. Myself being a member of the latter of the two, their apps seem to have a cult alliegence among their customers.

In contrast theres quite a few that take the Dumb games plunge, buy an application and end up asking ourselves "what?" or "why?"

However I've never seen a Dev team add so many frequent updates, some might say that the lack of finished product before submission would reduce their update frequency. Although I feel that the updates are usually quite significant.

They are very Great with customer feedback.....and at times it seems that their the only ones that actually read their App Store reviews.

After playing every app they have to offer (i'm still trying to give 3-d guns of war a fair view but it's getting harder) I'm still not impressed with any app they have to offer....I am however thoroughly impressed with their Development proggression and wish them all the best.
I bought guns of war and am very dissapointed. its just not fun.

and they just got an update...great

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
I bought guns of war and am very dissapointed. its just not fun.

and they just got an update...great

well it could be a lot more than what it is. Thats why I'm keeping it on for now because if they continue to make frequent updates then...maybe....just maybe it could be decent.

but it doesn't look good at this point
01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
YOur gonna hate me

Strangely I honestly regret buying Aurora Feint..It just felt like a pointless puzzle game with nothing special to it outside of the !HIGH QUALITY! music..Whats honestly the difference between the free and the 8 dollar one..over all i hate it i cant lie
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStaR View Post
Maybe it's just me... but why should a developer be celebrated for releasing a product on the market, knowing full well it wasn't ready?

It seems to me that some iPhone developers have gotten lazy, and have released their app for sale when it is playable, and continuing to update it until it is "done." Developers should use updates as a way to make finished games better, not to make unfinished games completed.

Is this just developers hoping to make a quick buck while they continue to develop? If that's the case, they should be upfront... the version number should not be 1.0.. but 0.8.

Even in this case, it still sits wrong with me. Too many games are given an "it will probably be better with an update" pass. If a developer puts an app on sale, to me that means they are selling you a "finished product." I will continue to judge apps I buy with that frame of mind.

www.VeiledGames.com
Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiledGames View Post
Maybe it's just me... but why should a developer be celebrated for releasing a product on the market, knowing full well it wasn't ready?

It seems to me that some iPhone developers have gotten lazy, and have released their app for sale when it is playable, and continuing to update it until it is "done." Developers should use updates as a way to make finished games better, not to make unfinished games completed.

Is this just developers hoping to make a quick buck while they continue to develop? If that's the case, they should be upfront... the version number should not be 1.0.. but 0.8.

Even in this case, it still sits wrong with me. Too many games are given an "it will probably be better with an update" pass. If a developer puts an app on sale, to me that means they are selling you a "finished product." I will continue to judge apps I buy with that frame of mind.

you make a very interesting point. If more and more devs take this approach...it may spark a trend of "just ship it we'll fix it later"

But my original post was not to celebrate their incompletness more of their response and delivery of their customers request. which I think they do an outstanding job of and I hate their games.
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateboard313 View Post
Strangely I honestly regret buying Aurora Feint..It just felt like a pointless puzzle game with nothing special to it outside of the !HIGH QUALITY! music..Whats honestly the difference between the free and the 8 dollar one..over all i hate it i cant lie
Huh?
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Aurora Feint isn't by dumbgames.net! See, dumbgames sucks, and Aurora Feint (at least for me) rocks! See the difference?

First game in progress...
01-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiledGames View Post
I've done many updates to AutoMangle, and have many planned for AlienMangle.

Both games when released I considered complete.

There's always extra things people want, AutoMangle is so much better now than it was when released mostly because of adding what people have asked for.

AlienMangle will no doubt be much better a month from now after a few updates.

But you are right, I agree that some "serious" devs exploit updates, however it's mostly for visibility reasons rather than releasing something half baked and having to fix lots of bugs.

PHARTGAMES
AutoMangle - 3D Vehicular combat
AlienMangle - 3D FPS WOOT!!!!