★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Indie Apps Alliance will be opening soon - beta testers needed

01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Indie Apps Alliance will be opening soon - beta testers needed

Hello everyone,
I believe I have came out with an idea that could really help out independent developers gain some exposure and visibility in the app store without spending huge amounts of money in marketing expenses. I will not reveal much of the details because I'm half way done with the development of the system, and I wouldn't want somebody to steal my idea. But I do need 50 developers who will be allowed to register into the system as I publish it for beta testing. After the initial period of beta testing the system will be open to everybody. But it is a great chance to get into the "invitation list" to have an opportunity to register since the very beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcBZ4CaHx00

http://www.indieappsalliance.org

Please share this with your friend developers.
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered,
Was thinking of something similar myself, as would be good; if we can get a group of developers and try to always have something featured with cross-product advertising then it'll be great for everyone.

Adam.

Assyria Game Studio -(For Business Enquieries Click Here)

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)

01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I want to involve myself with this alliance, but there is one issue I have.

Yes, I consider my apps good quality, though, I'm not currently suffering from an overcrowded App Store.

My question is: If I'm getting a good amount of sales, and receiving decent exposure, can I still qualify as part of the IAA?

Water Your Body (ON SALE $0.99)
http://apps.google.com/#1iPhoneApp
Tic Tac Pro (FREE)
New and Noteworthy!
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes. As long as you are an individual or your company makes no more than 100,000 USD per year you will qualify to join the Alliance.
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetarget View Post
I'm not currently suffering from an overcrowded App Store.
boasting?

i doubt any alliance is going to make a different - unless apple advertises it from within itunes. i would predict that barely 5% of iphone/ipod touch users are aware of websites like TA and they solely do their shopping / application discovery via the app store icon on the device itself.

the question is how to get your applications into the hands of people who dont know how to look / use websites to get such info. facebook/twitter are good examples; as it is viral marketing on its own.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Playhaven~

Playhaven.com has a system like this in the works as well which would allow any independent game developers to form an alliance (they used the exact same word) and cross-promote through the playhaven platform in games and in their community around some theme (it looks like yours is just one alliance built on broad, overall high quality applications?) with the hopes of achieving a recognizable, reliable brand system.

The idea of combating the big name companies is definitely an appealing one. Hoping to see these ideas come to fruition soon!

Chelsea Howe - producer, designer, musician on Tipoli ~ One little button, unlimited possibilities.
01-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierotofy View Post
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but unless there was some hidden subliminal message that I missed, that has got to be the most useless promotional video I've ever seen. Why bother making it, or asking us to watch it?

Also, just to get this straight… your ultimate goal is to "create a label of quality," to "stand out from the mass of crappy apps that are overwhelming the app stores," and so, to achieve this goal, you're making the system "open to everybody!" ?

I don't see how it's going to work.

But good luck with it all the same, maybe I'll be proven wrong.
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialParadox View Post
Also, just to get this straight… your ultimate goal is to "create a label of quality," to "stand out from the mass of crappy apps that are overwhelming the app stores," and so, to achieve this goal, you're making the system "open to everybody!" ?
To an extent I have to agree. There shouldn't be a cap of $100,000 USD as it means that those games that are successful cant be included; which gurantees it will not work; as surley the idea is the games which are a success can be bolstered to benefit the others...?

In addittion having it open to everyone means you'll get all the same crap joining the "alliance".

I would reccomend; no cap on revenue... And some form of quality control; as the open-ness as that is the exact reason the App store is over-saturated...

Assyria Game Studio -(For Business Enquieries Click Here)

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I put in my e-mail, just curious to see how it goes/what it does. So who is going to be the judge of quality?
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
I also signed up. It's not very clear how any of this is intended to work, but I do like the idea of getting together with other developers and sharing ideas and PR and such.

Blog : travisdunn.com | Apps : New Breeders, Rogueship, Lobbyist Directory (in review)

ROGUESHIP - Space Trading in a Sci-Fi Universe - get it now in the App Store
iTunes Link | rogueship.net | twitter