★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MeYuMe
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: == Pocket Gamer Bronze Award ==

Ra has lost his powers (his Eyes, Flair and Ankh). You are the hero tasked with traveling across Egypt to help Ra regain his powers by finding the 5 broken pieces of his Ankh.
Sailing down the Nile, finding the Lost City, crossing the desert on camel, exploring the Pyramid and Mystery Forest, Sphinks will let you discover the ancient sites of Egypt. The game is simple to learn, yet challenging, where you try to match the same pieces on a board by linking them together in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line.

FEATURES:

- Six locations to explore with each location more challenging than the last.

- Two game modes: Explore and Endure.

- Ancient egyptian themes

- Awesome visual effects.

- Special sound effects and ambience sounds for each location.

- Two methods of game control; drag and drop, touch and go.

- Mysterious egyptian artefacts with special powers that will help your progress in the game.

meyumedev's comments:

Ra has lost his powers (his Eyes, Flair and Ankh). You are the hero tasked with traveling across Egypt to help Ra regain his powers by finding the 5 broken pieces of his Ankh.

Sailing down the Nile, finding the Lost City, crossing the desert on camel, exploring the Pyramid and Mystery Forest, Sphinks will let you discover the ancient sites of Egypt. The game is simple to learn, yet challenging, where you try to match the same pieces on a board in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line.

FEATURES
  • Six locations to explore with each location more challenging than the last.
  • Mysterious egyptian artefacts with special powers that will help your progress in the game.
  • Two game modes: Explore and Endure.
  • Ancient egyptian themes
  • Awesome visual effects.
  • Special sound effects and ambience sounds for each location.
  • Two methods of game control; drag and drop, touch and go.
01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
I've uploaded a video showing the gameplay, hope you like it.
Cheers
Scott

01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm not trying to be mean here, but did they mean to misspell "sphinx"? It kind of detracts from the feel of quality.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
It's a play on words Sphinx + Links = Sphinks.
01-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyumedev View Post
It's a play on words Sphinx + Links = Sphinks.
That's actually clever, but as sizzlakalonji's post suggests, it's not immediately evident.

Maybe you can reference "links" somewhere in the game description. I see "match" and "find", but no mention of links or "linking" anything.

Anyway, good luck. It looks like a nicely produced game with a neat theme.
01-13-2010, 08:40 AM
You both make good points - it's not immediately apparent. We'll get it updated to include linking or link-up in there.
Thanks
01-13-2010, 08:57 AM
This makes sense. The game looked nice enough that I figured there was a meaning, I just couldn't make it out.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
i love these types of games , i will pick it up soon
though being an egyptian myself i think egyptians themes are a bit offensive
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unique-f View Post
i love these types of games , i will pick it up soon
though being an egyptian myself i think egyptians themes are a bit offensive
Well not being Egyptian I can't speak on it as well as you, but to me a game like this celebrates the fact that the ancient Egyptian civilization was one of the greatest ever. As an outsider, I don't see this as degrading, but again, I'm not Egyptian.

01-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unique-f View Post
i think egyptians themes are a bit offensive
Sorry, we certainly didn't intend to offend, we chose an Egyptian theme as we love the rich, interesting and intriguing history of the ancient egyptian civilisation. As sizzlakalonji has said, Egypt is one the greatest ancient civilisations with lots we still don't know about or understand.