★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BounceTrap with Tilt Control

01-22-2009, 02:11 AM
BounceTrap with Tilt Control

You asked for it. In days BounceTrap will have a free update that adds accelerometer control of the balls when they are released.

No charge.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-22-2009, 03:56 AM
As a fan of the original design, I have to ask, is this going to be an option that we can turn off or on? I'm interested in seeing how this works, but I personally like the game as it is (the best peggle like game on the iphone I've played thus far), I hope that updating it won't change the current game experience I'm enjoying.

www.nativemotif.com - buy me rent for christmas
01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephennn View Post
As a fan of the original design, I have to ask, is this going to be an option that we can turn off or on? I'm interested in seeing how this works, but I personally like the game as it is (the best peggle like game on the iphone I've played thus far), I hope that updating it won't change the current game experience I'm enjoying.
You really have to tilt it to effect the balls. In fact sometimes it is best to just not tilt it at all. The release is just the way it is now.

Where it matters is at levels 10 and above. I'm at level 15 and I couldn't get that far without being able to effect the balls.

We're going to have a "sensitivity" adjustment shortly to allow you to just turn it off, but pretty much every review wanted a way to control the balls so there you have it.

I am amazed about the size reduction. It sounds exactly the same as the original.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
this is a great addition, especially since some of the reviewers docked it a few points for not being able to tilt! as someone who bought the original game and loved it, i highly recommend it. it's definitely a game that goes unnoticed.