★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BIA update?

01-22-2009, 02:14 AM
BIA update?

i was just wondering if there is any chance of an update? how have gameloft been in the past regarding updates?

because i think the although BIA is really fun on foot; the vehicle modes are unbearable for me, and it seems likes it really needs a fix...

also is there any way of contacting the developers or something?

thanks!
01-22-2009, 03:58 AM
I contacted their support regarding Asphalt 4 being unuseable after the latest updates (car drifting far to easily) and I've gotten several replies.

Some canned responses like "thank you for contacting us...please try to restart your device...re-install...etc".

Then when replying that, THAT is not the problem - a more personal response saying to wait for the next update which should be out in "a few weeks" - mind you this was before Xmas !!!

Asked then again in the first week of january - same reply - wait for the update in the next 2 weeks - yet still not update in the app store.

So, YES you can contact them - but whether you'll get anything usefull out of that is another question

01-22-2009, 04:36 AM
I have roughly 5 or 6 games from Gameloft, and I don't believe I've ever seen an update or don't remember. That's what happens with the big players. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing them, most of there games are well done but they also charge alot. That's why it's important to support the small programmers when a good game comes out. Just my 2 cents.
01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE BEAM DREAM View Post
I have roughly 5 or 6 games from Gameloft, and I don't believe I've ever seen an update or don't remember. That's what happens with the big players. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing them, most of there games are well done but they also charge alot. That's why it's important to support the small programmers when a good game comes out. Just my 2 cents.
Another thing that I've noticed is that smaller games from less big-shot developers tend to get more updates. For instance, Spawn Illuminati and Rebel Onslaught. Spawn just got a huge makeover, and Rebel Onslaught has just received some major improvements to it's gameplay. But all your big games, like HoS and BIA never see any significant updates besides bug fixes. Perhaps this can be justified, but it just goes to show that smaller devs really pay more attention to their community.
01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra275 View Post
Another thing that I've noticed is that smaller games from less big-shot developers tend to get more updates. For instance, Spawn Illuminati and Rebel Onslaught. Spawn just got a huge makeover, and Rebel Onslaught has just received some major improvements to it's gameplay. But all your big games, like HoS and BIA never see any significant updates besides bug fixes. Perhaps this can be justified, but it just goes to show that smaller devs really pay more attention to their community.
I think you're totally right there.
Gameloft makes lots of good games, but almost never gives them an update .
01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
The only GL updates I can remember off hand are Guitar Rock Tour stability updates

There were like 3-4 the last one making the game ipodtch compatible

GL will not update there games unless they get reports of crashes.
01-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I wish they made that vehicle (not the tank) easier to move. That's really the most frustrating part of the game
01-22-2009, 10:08 AM
I pretty much stopped playing once I did one of the vehicle levels. I wish it were all on foot. I like that gameplay a lot better.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
01-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra275 View Post
Did the Spawn update disappear? I went to bed planning on updating this morning, but when I got up, all it apps were up to date. Weird. My spawn illuminati game is the same as it was before so ididnt accidentaly update it.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
01-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
I wish they made that vehicle (not the tank) easier to move. That's really the most frustrating part of the game
Well they can't make the controlls for the non tank vehicel like the ones of the tank. Have you seen a car going sideways ?

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 01-22-2009 at 11:00 AM.