★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Haiti Relief?

01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Haiti Relief?

Are any other app developers willing to give away a few days of sales to support the relief effort in Haiti?

We want to do something but not without other devs in hand so that it doesn't seem like we just want PR.

I (Joshua Hernandez) lived in Puerto Rico for a big part of my life and flew to Haiti regularly for Karate competitions and have a lot sympathy for an already hurting country in this time of crisis.

If we can band together a good portion of developers and use any means possible to help raise funds it will be going to a good cause.

Thoughts?
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Count Water Your Body officially in -- really great job OP

Water Your Body (ON SALE $0.99)
http://apps.google.com/#1iPhoneApp
Tic Tac Pro (FREE)
New and Noteworthy!

Last edited by bravetarget; 01-15-2010 at 12:33 PM.

01-13-2010, 01:47 PM
i don't think that's the point. I think the point is, people want to help other people and donating a couple days of sales could be really good PR and help a lot of people who are in a really bad situation. I have a lot of compassion for the people in Haiti. That country has had a really hard history.

PM me about what you are envisioning.

working with my partner Psionic, to promote his game: Running with Scissors:Pre-season. Excited to learn, share and help.
Follow us on Twitter
01-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
I think this is a very good idea.

I would be willing to donate 100% of the sales from my game Charmed to this idea for some period of time.

We would need a simple webpage to show which apps are participating. I am willing to either host it at my site (e.g., www.mindjuice.net/haitirelief) or register a domain for it (e.g., www.haitiapprelief.com).
01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to micah
I would be into participating in this with our games. Keep me in the loop.

--=] Insurgent Games website | twitter [=-
Cryptose (TA) - Skeleton Key (TA) - Skeleton Key HD (TA link) - Aeropack (TA)
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a fantastic idea, I would participate, but I'm not a dev

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
Sounds like a fantastic idea, I would participate, but I'm not a dev
You can participate by purchasing the games that are featured.

Last edited by MindJuice; 01-13-2010 at 06:31 PM.
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
I think this is a very good idea.

I would be willing to donate 100% of the sales from my game Charmed to this idea for some period of time.

We would need a simple webpage to show which apps are participating. I am willing to either host it at my site (e.g., www.mindjuice.net/haitirelief) or register a domain for it (e.g., www.haitiapprelief.com).
An inspired idea MMP! Just spoke to Glenn & he's in.

Mindjuice - I would suggest your second suggestion (ie a new domain not connected with any individual dev/company). Sales of Ground Effect are pretty crap right now but I think Glenn can spare a day's sales (as I guess many of you can). Sort of puts the concepts of 'hardship' & 'suffering' into perspective....
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
You can participate by purchasing the games that are featured.
Hey yeah!

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm astounded by some people's sense of humour