★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [Official] STITCH'em WORDS now on APP Store !! - Video Walkthrough

View Poll Results: Should we keep the option to skip to next level without solving everyword?
No, get rid of it - Make it more Challenging - I can take it. 11 32.35%
Yes, keep it there - I don't like getting stuck 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll
01-22-2009, 03:03 AM
[Official] STITCH'em WORDS now on APP Store !! - Video Walkthrough + 10 Promo Codes

Hello guys,

We are thrilled to launch a brand new approach to iPhone Word Games in face of STITCH'em WORDS. If you are a Word Game lover, you would fall in love right away !

Inspired by the popular TV Show, Concentration, STITCH'em WORDS is an extravaganza for all those looking for something beyond Scrabble and Anagrams.

The object of STITCH'em WORDS is to solve puzzles made of pictures and words. For example, combine the letter "T", with the picture representing "Rain", to make the word "Train." Or, combine the picture representing a "Star", with the letter "E", to make the word "Stare."

Find hidden words, to earn bonus points. Use Hints if you get stuck - or aim for bonus points by staying away from them. With hundreds of exciting levels, and random Bonus Rounds in which you must solve a Phrase to earn points, STITCH'em WORDS is here to test your vocabulary skills and concentration prowess!

Youtube link | Pop Up

We are working on a new surprise in the upgrade for you guys. Before we release it though, we would love to hear your feed backs and any feature request that you may have.

STITCH'em WORDS is on a limited-time sale of 50% OFF till next major upgrade.Get it now for only 1.99 !!

Please note, however, that the game DOES NOT support Jailbroken Phones.

p.s. Thank you spmwinkel for advice on how to post Youtube link !

Last edited by stitchemwords; 04-01-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added Screenshots
01-22-2009, 04:22 AM
If you have a youtube video, you can use [ youtube] [ /youtube] tags (remove the space after the [)
In between the tags, you paste what is after the = sign. For example, the bold part:
nl.youtube.com/watch?v=GqSKSUVP3Hs

I don't believe other videos can be embedded here in the forums.

Congrats on the release though!

Stefan

01-22-2009, 05:06 AM
I bought this right after it was released (despite the dubious "reviews" ) and have to say that it is an enjoyable word game.

My only complaint is that if I require a clue, the clue is way too small. If the clue is a letter, I only see a tiny pink dot and have to guess which letter it is since most of the letters are the same shape. Can you work on something so that we can zoom in on the clue? By the way, I personally do not like the stylized letters in this game and would like to see something a bit more linear.

Last edited by joehunt; 01-22-2009 at 05:10 AM.
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I bought this right after it was released (despite the dubious "reviews" ) and have to say that it is an enjoyable word game.

My only complaint is that if I require a clue, the clue is way too small. If the clue is a letter, I only see a tiny pink dot and have to guess which letter it is since most of the letters are the same shape. Can you work on something so that we can zoom in on the clue? By the way, I personally do not like the stylized letters in this game and would like to see something a bit more linear.
Definitely, we realize the clues are too small to read, and a fix is under way in the upcoming version
01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I have had the game for a few days now. Its fun !

How come you didn't mention Bonus Levels in your Walk-through ?
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Guys we just realised that 10 of the promo codes that were issued over the weekend have still not been utilized. These codes are now available to be reused.

We would love to give it out to you, if you think you can post your reviews / feedbacks afterwards.
01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
This game is fantastic, for 99 cents you can't go wrong.

The girlfriend has been beyond addicted to this game for the past few days.

Glad to see the developer has now posted a YouTube video. ^ ^

Update
At request of the developer, here's part of my original review of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post

Just snagged it, the game looks quite interesting.

Update
This game is fantastic. A word game that I actually find fun! Normal word games tend to bore me when they just give you letters and you have to make words from them. This is actually structured (as in the words to solve are linear and not randomly generated), but still makes you think hard for the answer. It's a lot of fun, definitely a nice twist to the standard word game.

The only downside is there is less "replayability" once you beat the game. You also have to be careful if you're watching someone else play, as it can easily ruin your experience as you'll know the answers when you come to them. Was watching the girlfriend play Round 2 and I fell into that scenario.

Regardless, for 99 cents this is a steal, be sure to grab it before it goes up to the normal price of $3.99.

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-22-2009 at 12:26 PM.
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
I just created a US account so that I can participate in promo code giveaways/contests. I can give you my comments here or in iTunes. (Dutch account if you want, there are less people there who write reviews). I'd love to hear from you through PM.

Stefan
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Looks great! Can't wait to try it!
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
I just created a US account so that I can participate in promo code giveaways/contests. I can give you my comments here or in iTunes. (Dutch account if you want, there are less people there who write reviews). I'd love to hear from you through PM.
Promo Code Sent through PM