★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Make a simple website

01-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Make a simple website

I don't like using my wordpress blog with templates any more, now i want something simple. how or who can i go to to make a simple website like lima sky's?

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
found something called wix.com that does flash sites.

01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Don't bother with Flash.

First of all, iPhone doesn't even support Flash. If you want to piss off your customers, use a system like Flash that won't work on their devices.

Websites for iPhone games tend to get ignored by the masses. The only thing a website will do is provide reviewers with extra information (graphics, screenshots, press release, video). Don't expect that the effort that you put into the site will drive any kind of sales nor traffic.

I can't think of a single iPhone developer website that I have visited. Maybe I am in the minority?

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
01-13-2010, 09:59 PM
i just want a site that shows all my games, not just for one app.

01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post
Websites for iPhone games tend to get ignored by the masses. The only thing a website will do is provide reviewers with extra information (graphics, screenshots, press release, video). Don't expect that the effort that you put into the site will drive any kind of sales nor traffic.
Well, we haven't done anything to drive customers to our website, but we still manage to get 4,000+ visits per month (that's just the homepage... doesn't include the blog or product pages). On our website, we've focused on providing product information, company information, news, and opportunities to connect (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfright View Post
I'm not telling you not to create nor maintain a site. I'm suggesting that you shouldn't put too much effort into it. It isn't going to drive sales. In order to do that, you would need to be heavily branded... and I mean HEAVILY.

These are current January 2010 stats for the Flickitty site (this month isn't even over yet)

9,896 unique visitors
13,403 visits
32,821 hits

These numbers are actually down from the previous 2 months. This also doesn't account for the number of bots.

Some people would love to have these stats. Others may think they are pathetic. I personally don't put much stock into them, because I know they are aren't generating sales nor downloads.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Obviously you have a Mac at your disposal if you are developing for the iDevices. You should look into RapidWeaver for simple website creation. It is a fantastic resource for developing "I don't really care about traffic but it helps flesh out my brand" web content. You can whip up some pretty professional looking sites with the stock templates and you can always purchase a plugin if you need a little something more.
01-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfright View Post
What's wrong with iWeb? I used it to create these pages:

http://www.mindjuice.net/charmed
http://www.mindjuice.net/charmed/charmedxmas
01-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post
I'm not telling you not to create nor maintain a site. I'm suggesting that you shouldn't put too much effort into it. It isn't going to drive sales. In order to do that, you would need to be heavily branded... and I mean HEAVILY.

These are current January 2010 stats for the Flickitty site (this month isn't even over yet)

9,896 unique visitors
13,403 visits
32,821 hits

These numbers are actually down from the previous 2 months. This also doesn't account for the number of bots.

Some people would love to have these stats. Others may think they are pathetic. I personally don't put much stock into them, because I know they are aren't generating sales nor downloads.
Our numbers are pretty high too but they really amount to jack nothing, I guess bored people just like to look at websites
01-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
What's wrong with iWeb? I used it to create these pages:

http://www.mindjuice.net/charmed
http://www.mindjuice.net/charmed/charmedxmas
im not on mobileme, but thanks.