★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Fluik
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: How fast can you sink them all??

54 original 3D levels that range from the mind-numbingly easy to the "rip your eyes out of your head, toss your iPhone across the room" insanely hard.

Unlike labyrinth games, you must get the balls into the holes, not around them...

Sink them fast, sink them with style! Sink them faster than your friends. We've brought the classic, "back seat of you parents car during the crazy long roadtrips" handheld device of old back! Get ready to experience the fun anew on your iPod and iPhone.

Our new high score boards keep you playing and playing until you beat all your friends and enemies! Retroballz scoring doesn't stop there, though. Retroballz scoreboards also show what county each score is posted from, so you can unite with your whole nation and defeat the world!

Take a trip down memory lane with an original retro soundtrack and artwork, as you gently shift the playing surface to ease the balls into place.

Choose from 3 levels of difficulty - go ahead and drop it down to Easy if you just can't handle it - or notch it up to Hard to get that unbeatable high score.

Share your scores with your friends and family using Facebook Connect - dare them to beat your score.
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Love this game-- and it has a dev kit for making levels.

-Pik

01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I got the game. It has very good music and sounds, the graphics are very nice and clean. The control is spot on. The ball phisics feel quite real. The UI is very good as well. The whole package is very well done except for one major flaw - lag. The ball movement feels a little laggy. I have 3g iPod Touch and the ball movement should be silky smooth, like Labyrinth. In the game like this lag can ruin the whole experience.

Quote:
Love this game-- and it has a dev kit for making levels.

I couldn't find the dev kit for making levels. How do I get to it?
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Game does look very good, description says 3D levels - are there any photo/video examples of a 3D level in this game? (Included screenshots look 2D to me, but that doesn't mean that they are...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
the bottom and top layers move relative to each other to create a 3D look, yeah, the screen shots don't really demonstrate that

-Pik
01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik View Post
the bottom and top layers move relative to each other to create a 3D look, yeah, the screen shots don't really demonstrate that

-Pik
That's what I was guessing (especially after looking at the level design guide.)

Thanks for the prompt answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-14-2010, 04:59 PM
No problem! I hang out here when I'm not running from nefarious aliens... its a nice break from revenge.
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
@eugekava

What do you mean by lag? Do you find the balls have too much initial inertia or don't respond quickly enough to a sudden tilt?
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
What do you mean by lag? Do you find the balls have too much initial inertia or don't respond quickly enough to a sudden tilt?
When the balls roll they roll in jerks, as if they are catching on something.
If I have them at the top of the screen and tilt my iPod to make them roll down they don't roll at uniform speed. It feels like they slow down slightly half way through before speeding up again. Its not really an obvious flaw. The slowdown is very subtle, but its there, even if the ball is rolling slowly.