★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Using a small arsenal, defend a city from hoards of raging zombies that threaten to infect the entire population.

The Raging Dead is a zombie infection simulation set in an urban environment where the goal is to save the human population and their city.

There are hundreds of intelligent beings on screen at once. These beings freely navigate through the city, avoiding buildings, cars, etc.

Zombies will chase down and infect humans when they are within sight, while humans will instinctively run away. If unable to get away, the human will become infected, thus becoming a zombie.

Game play takes place in a multitude of city environments - each one completely destructible. For example, when a player drops a bomb on a building, the building will explode and burn. The ultimate goal is to save as many humans as possible, while limiting damage to the city in the process.

Players have 2 weapons at their disposal:
-The Bomb - Has a large blast radius able to destroy multiple zombies at once. However, will also cause damage to the city.
-The Machine Gun Fast, single kill, with a default clip of 10 bullets.
-Both weapons can be upgraded (strength/accuracy, reload speed, number of clips)
-Players will need to switch between both weapons to kill as many zombies as possible. The choice of weapon depends on what the situation calls for.

-22 unique levels that will challenge your reflexes
-4 discrete rankings for each level
-10 medals to be earned based on progress and performance

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Check the trailer here
http://apps.ghostbirdsoft.com/ragingdead/

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
This game is dabomb.com!

01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Oooh, interesting!!! Not yet in HK app store, but I wonder if the developer has really done his homework about zombie behaviour? Hope the dev comes across this forum to help answer curious questions. Can't seem to google and find any dev blog or site about this game.

I read this book called "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, and its a really in-depth analysis on everything about zombies, from their physiology to historic events that he's researched. Having read that, I would be be trying out the strategies he suggested in that book, but wonder how 'realistic' it would be. eg. would zombies still center around a human if the latter didn't move, or used silent weapons? I'd be tempted to get this game just to find that out!
01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks interesting. So are you in a helicopter hucking grenades trying to protect a fleeing populace? What sort of AI is in the living? Do they seek safety? Can they defend themselves?
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
Looks interesting. So are you in a helicopter hucking grenades trying to protect a fleeing populace? What sort of AI is in the living? Do they seek safety? Can they defend themselves?
Its not said if you are in a helicopter or not.

Basically you have a top down view of a city. Blue dots that represent citizens are seen running about. A few red dots (the zombies) lumber about, but when close to a blue dot they dash forward and infect them! Citizens run and seek safety but there is always one or two that wander about however they can't defend themselves in any way.

You tap to send down bombs or fire a machine gun to kill the zombies while saving as many citizens and causing as little damage to the city as you can (the cities are fully destructible)
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
this looks awesome

it would be cool if it had more game modes

Last edited by mek; 01-14-2010 at 01:00 PM.
01-14-2010, 11:20 AM
seems like a portable version of this with a bit more interaction
http://www.class3outbreak.com/zombie...eak-simulator/

played with the above for a bit to see how long we would last after a zombie outbreak
01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I like the idea behind this but can't really tell how the controls work. Do you just touch the screen to drop the bombs? I also wonder how the machine gun works.

This could be a cool game and I like the music as it reminds me a little of 28 Days Later, which is my favorite movie.
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I like the idea behind this but can't really tell how the controls work. Do you just touch the screen to drop the bombs? I also wonder how the machine gun works.

This could be a cool game and I like the music as it reminds me a little of 28 Days Later, which is my favorite movie.
Yup, touch the screen to drop a bomb. It explodes and leaves some black smoke so some zombies could have survived.

You tap another button to switch to the machine gun.

To fire the machine gun you tap and drag (tapping once will only produce a single shot). The benefit is that the machine gun has less chance to harm citizens and city buildings
01-14-2010, 11:53 AM
ooo nice looking game! will wait a bit for futher impression