★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ODD1
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Classic Maze Chase Game with a Twist!

Play a cat-and-mouse game as you race against time to collect all the castles treasures.

GAMEPLAY

- Play as both Thief and Guards! Switch when the Thief is caught!
- Use each characters special ability to gain the upper hand.
- No time to lose! Remember, only the Thief can collect treasures.
- Challenge mode: catch all thieves!

GET FREE NEW CONTENT

Join the community and send your treasures to the Band of Thieves Vault to unlock new levels and contents. The more you play, the more you get!

UNLOCKABLE FEATURES: 500 000 gold

- New Guard Challenge
- Leaderboard

TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRh2LUWLn4

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/catchme-if-you-can-free/id348650656?mt=8
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Looks cute, but a vid is needed to check out the controls.

01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
this looks really fun.
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Looks cute, but a vid is needed to check out the controls.
Embedded the video in the first post.
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Ah, thanks! You're the thread making superman.
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Game Impressions

Played the lite a bit and was hooked into getting the full!

At first this gimmick (you're the thief until captured and then you're the guard) sounds clever but just a stupid excuse to keep the game going forever but that is far from the case! The game starts with a 2:00 minute timer constantly ticking down ad you make your cash as a sneaky thief. Get caught and you become the guard (you even get to choose which of the three guards you become each with a unique special ability). But here is the key bit to consider, being a guard, while it may be a fun twist to the gameplay mechanics, is a thankless job! You earn no points while a guard and that timer is still ticking so you NEED to catch that thief ASAP so you can GO BACK to your life of crime to earn more cash! In another weird twist you're actually competing against the three other AI players who want to tag you to get their time as a thief and earn points. Once the time is up the only way you'll earn your right to move onto the next level is to be a higher scoring thief than your three opponents.

Another weird twist that we'll have to see how it plays out is the concept of "Community Unlockables". After each game you have the option to send in your points to their online server and once the communal targeted point total is reached the extra content will be unlocked in all of game's owners' games.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I tried the lite and I really like this. However, I am having a little trouble getting use to the dpad being on the right. I like the way the game plays and think it looks nice. I also really like the vault idea.

That being said, this seems like a perfect game for local or online multiplayer, I wonder if that will happen. At $2 I am sure that I will buy the full game later today.
01-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Gameplay sounds intriguing. However I'm concern about the controls. Are they smooth and responsive? For a game like this controls make all the differences.
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Gameplay sounds intriguing. However I'm concern about the controls. Are they smooth and responsive? For a game like this controls make all the differences.
If you have the ability, you can check out the lite version. Controls work fine as long as you are okay with the dpad being on the right. This game is fairly quicked paced, so I can see myself making a lot of mistakes. However, unlike pacman, when you get caught here, the game or turn is not over.
01-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey thanks ImNoSuperMan for making this thread! I made a thread last week but yours is much better

I work at ODD1 (producer) and and I have been reading quite a few comments so far, mostly positive. I'm also keeping track of those feature suggestions so keep 'em coming if you want them!

Some people have a few problems with the control pad being on the right side though. Well... we will improve the controls soon!

Please enjoy the game in the meantime.