★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New iphone game:Dice war~The One~[$0.99 sale]

01-15-2010, 04:48 AM
New iphone game:Dice war~The One~[$0.99 sale]

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dice-...341034374?mt=8
Application Description
l Simple rules and intuitive controls.
l Excellent graphics and sound effects.
l map randomly form.
This is a dices war game. It is simple and funny. Dice is a key element in the game, soldiers act as the dice who win the game depends on the comparing of soldiers' fighting power level from both sides, then to compare the points of dice which one is larger than the other, who can win the territory.
This game is turn-based strategy game. It is necessary to observe the surrounding situation and number of soldiers, select the move or not move the decision-making. Each decision will affect the battle. The main objective of game to dominate the world of all land occupied.
The game has two modes – “Single” and “Multi”. “Multi” mode is special that 2~4 players play together in “one” iphone. So that player can share the fun with friends.
“Single” mode:
select “Single”→select “2~5 NPC”→select “Color”→select “Map”→play
“Multi” mode:
select “Multi”→select “2~4 Players”→select “2~4 Color”→select “Map”→play

There are other elements of the game such as opportunity and fate. Good or bad situation may occur, could overnight change in war situation.
The map will randomly form, and the number of player will change the size of the map.
Therefore, each play the game will have different situations and different challenges.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demo_0011.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	13669   Click image for larger version

Name:	demo_0009.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	13670   Click image for larger version

Name:	demo_0001.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	13671  

Name:	demo_0005.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	13672   Click image for larger version

Name:	demo_0007.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	13673   Click image for larger version

Name:	demo_0004_圖層 4.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	13674  

Name:	en480x320.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	13675   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.png
Views:	119
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	13676  
01-15-2010, 05:08 AM
This looks pretty neat, am I right in assuming it plays kind of like Risk? I'd love to see a gameplay video of it in action.
01-15-2010, 05:11 AM
This looks like a really good idea. I'll most likely buy it when I get back from today's lectures.
01-15-2010, 07:00 AM
It seems really good. I'll try this one for sure.
01-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Okay I decided I'd try it out quickly beforehand (hasn't quite worked :P)

The gameplay is pretty much what it looks like from the screenshots. You have a number of 'risk' like areas, you can choose to move the units in one to another. If they meet an enemy, all the dice roll and the person with the highest overall dice rolls wins that battle. If they meet a free space, they conquer it. If they meet a treasure chest, they roll for something good or bad depending on what the chest says. i.e. some say roll above 2 for an extra soldier. Some dice people are given to you each turn on the squares you have.

It looks good, you have the option to zoom in, musics fine - I've run into no problems yet. Most importantly I haven't stopped playing yet :P.

On the minus side the animations are quite cool but its weird at first that they don't match your units (in terms of colour etc.). Also clicking on your square and an enemy square automatically moves, which can be annoying sometimes - though I'm not sure I'd want it slower.

Only initial impressions so far, but seems good for the price

Edit: Played a few more games now, seems really fun

Last edited by Theocracy; 01-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.
01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocracy View Post
Okay I decided I'd try it out quickly beforehand (hasn't quite worked :P)

The gameplay is pretty much what it looks like from the screenshots. You have a number of 'risk' like areas, you can choose to move the units in one to another. If they meet an enemy, all the dice roll and the person with the highest overall dice rolls wins that battle. If they meet a free space, they conquer it. If they meet a treasure chest, they roll for something good or bad depending on what the chest says. i.e. some say roll above 2 for an extra soldier. Some dice people are given to you each turn on the squares you have.

It looks good, you have the option to zoom in, musics fine - I've run into no problems yet. Most importantly I haven't stopped playing yet :P.

On the minus side the animations are quite cool but its weird at first that they don't match your units (in terms of colour etc.). Also clicking on your square and an enemy square automatically moves, which can be annoying sometimes - though I'm not sure I'd want it slower.

Only initial impressions so far, but seems good for the price

Edit: Played a few more games now, seems really fun
Thank you! I will make a gameplay video.Hope all players like it.