★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: App videos can be seen on our website!

Here comes the best breakout game ever...

In full 3D,
with realistic physics and graphics,
with pumping beats,
with cool 3D sound effects,
with full OpenFeint support
3D Noid will become your new addiction!

You can
- send challenges to your friends
- unlock achievements
- view global / friends / personal high score lists

In game control is completely touch free. All you need to do is tilt your device. Adjust the "view angle" setting in options to pick your most comfortable neutral orientation of your device.

Reviews:

january 16, 2010: "Ok, first off: this game rocks..." toucharcade.com

january 19, 2010: "3D Noid Brings a New Angle to Breakout Games for the iPhone..." insidesocialgames.com

january 24 2010: "online high scores, achievements, and the ability to challenge friends this really is a great game..." thebombsauce.com

Enjoy!
01-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Wow, maybe I'm just getting old, but I was extremely disappointed when this didn't have to do with the Domino's pizza character.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

01-16-2010, 02:23 AM
So it seems this game has similarities to Smaga Bakeries game Jump, except a non-linear, stationary play area? Looks cool nonetheless..

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOARDUMB View Post
Wow, maybe I'm just getting old, but I was extremely disappointed when this didn't have to do with the Domino's pizza character.
lolz. That was the only reason I clicked the link.
01-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Torres View Post
lolz. That was the only reason I clicked the link.
Sad 'Noid.

So anyway, in my haste to be disappointed, I failed to realize that rich is totally right. This does look like Jump, and I love Jump. And this has OF, so I figure I'll give it a shot.

01-16-2010, 04:06 AM
good thing tim langdell isn't associated with domino's pizza

regarding the gameplay: tilt controls for breakout games DO NOT WORK. ok they work, but not nearly as well as touch
01-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Ok, first off: this game rocks. It's always nice when you pick up a game out of curiosity and are pleasantly surprised. It's a fun breakout game done from the perspective of the aforementioned Jump. Imagine you were a square paddle hovering over an elevator car as it travelled down the elevator shaft, and that's basically the perspective of this game. The devs did a marvelous job of creating the illusion of depth here. Moving your device around changes the angle and creates quite a trippy effect, for lack of a better term. Overall, it's really neat to watch.

The control is tilt only, and coming from someone who usually doesn't favor tilt in games, it works really well. This isn't the sort of game that could even have touch controls, anyway. I like tilt that can react well to subtle movements, which this game does. A nifty trick is, instead of having accelerometer calibration, you can change the angle of the game view. It allows for playing standing in line somewhere while looking down at your phone, or laying on the couch and playing as I was doing. I found this option worked really well compared to the often clunky and temperamental calibration in most games.

The tunes aren't bad, but kinda repetitive. You don't really notice though as you're concentrating on playing. Something I really liked is it seems you progress to different levels as you go, and the color theme changes with each new level. It reminded me of Tetris on the NES. I've only played a little bit so haven't got too far, but I'm really liking what's initially here. The only thing that's lacking is any kind of variety in game modes. There's basically just one mode, starting at the lowest level and seeing how far you can get. You can send challenges through OF, and there's a few achievements as well. But I can see this getting boring eventually. It brings to mind another fantastic game, Puzzle Prism, that was brilliantly designed and fun but got old due to a lack of features. Hopefully something can be done about this, but at the very least you certainly get your $1 with what's already here, IMO.

Since this game is kinda hard to describe, I made a little video to show how it works. Sorry if it's not the best, but it should give you the general idea. At about a minute in I go into the pause menu and show the cool angle changing option:

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Ha!! I was hoping for the Dominoe's Noid as well. I've heard that Dominoes is re-introducing him as part of their marketing makeover!!!
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
We have the Lite free version out on the itunes store if anyone wants to try it! Cheers, RL.
01-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, thanks for the light.
I really like the presentation (graphics and sounds fit perfectly), controls are working very well too. But, somehow the movement of the balls seem too slow for me and I would love to have a better indicator of the ball's position. I don't clearly see, how deep one ball ist (the sizes just seem to change a little, and shortly before it's off the field, you see this red 'shadow' on it, right?).

But all in all, this game has got a great atmosphere.
Will purchase the full version now to test a little more!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..