★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "If iShoot and Crush the Castle had a baby, this would be it." - Somebody Awesome

Kill the King is on sale for a limited time to celebrate the release of our new game, Alpha Swarm! Check it out!

Kill the King combines the best aspects of artillery, puzzle, and physics games into one! Collapse castles, avoid windmills, and use exploding bricks to your advantage in achieving a single goal: kill the King.

- Contains two different game modes for unlimited re-playability

- Over 45 levels across 3 different environments

- Keeps track of your highest scores

For fans of iShoot, Pocket Tanks, Crush the Castle, Touch Physics, and having fun.

freedog's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kill-the-king-lite/id354072940?mt=8
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Reminds me of Crush the Castle, on the iPhone.

01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
This looks like my kind of game. And cheap, too. I'll add it to my list.
01-16-2010, 12:31 PM

Its an OK game with terrible controls.

Right now you have to put your finger down on the screen to aim and set power, and then pick it up to shoot. If you don't clear the level, you do it again.

The problems:

1) Because your hand blocks the screen, it is hard to see exactly where you are aiming.
2) Because the program doesn't give you any sign of where you shot before, it is hard to make small adjustments from shot to shot.
3) Because the aim and fire controls are all tied to the same motion, if you move your finger at all while waiting for the power meter, you will mess up your shot.

I played for about 20 minutes before I gave up due to the complete trial and error nature of this.

If the developer is reading this, a better control scheme might be:

1) Tap on the screen to set an aiming point (which stays in the same place between shots).
2) Touch a button at the bottom of the screen to start the power meter. Release to shoot.

With fixed controls, this would certainly be worth 99 cents. The way it stands now, Crush the Castle or Angry Birds are much better options.

On the plus side, it seems the developer really likes the game, because he rated it 5 stars.

01-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Also needs leaderboards.......preferably openfeint..........for me to buy. Good control and leaderboards=sale

This looks like my type of game for sure.
01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Also needs leaderboards.......preferably openfeint..........for me to buy. Good control and leaderboards=sale

This looks like my type of game for sure.

Same for me as well.
01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
They should have a lite version.
01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Pity. This looked initially like a game I could get into, but those controls sound terrible. There should be manual controls to set aim and power so you're not constantly playing a guessing game with your finger -- and a dedicated fire button, not that lift-to-shoot nonsense.

I'll pass until and if proper controls are implemented.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
01-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Version 1.1
What's new

- New Control System
- Better collision detection
- Pre-mature failure bug fixed
- 1-16 easier
- Fixed a few other bugs
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Can people who own it feedback on the new control system?