★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Air Hockey & Air Hockey Free with OpenFeint!

01-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Air Hockey & Air Hockey Free with OpenFeint!

Our games Air Hockey & Air Hockey Free are now out with OpenFeint leaderboards & achievements. Air Hockey has 12 leaderboards and 25 achievements (totalling 1000 achievement points). Air Hockey Free lets you see the same ones and lets you compete for 4 leaderboards and 8 achievements.

There are already almost 25,000 scores posted to the leaderboards. Grab Air Hockey & compete:

Air Hockey iTunes link

Have fun!
01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
i think this is the first air hockey game ive downloaded since like november of 08

Jet Car Stunts ( App Store ) = greatest game of 2009.

OF/Plus+: Diggins
Crystal? i refuse to create an account

01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Two puck mode is way more fun, you can have strategy involved in trying to trick the computer with one while you blast the other one to the opposite side

Or in harder levels you could just screw yourself even faster

When you score a goal in 2 puck mode, your essentially playing 1 puck mode until that one gets put in. Because in order to get the second puck back, you need to have both pucks go in a goal. I think it'd be better if after a few seconds of a puck being scored, the second puck respawns into the game so you can continue playing 2 puck mode the whole game instead of 2 puck mode, 1 puck mode, 2 puck mode, 1 puck mode, etc...
01-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Two puck mode is way more fun, you can have strategy involved in trying to trick the computer with one while you blast the other one to the opposite side
Great - I really like playing Air Hockey with two puck mode. Having the second puck show back up on the table after a set time is a great idea. How long do you think would be about right? Maybe 5 seconds?

There are a lot of people winning games in about 30 seconds though - they wouldn't see the puck every get put back on. What about them?

Thanks!
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleroto View Post
Great - I really like playing Air Hockey with two puck mode. Having the second puck show back up on the table after a set time is a great idea. How long do you think would be about right? Maybe 5 seconds?

There are a lot of people winning games in about 30 seconds though - they wouldn't see the puck every get put back on. What about them?

Thanks!
Hmm.... I'd suggest you play with the respawn time, between 3-5 seconds would be my guess. But see what feels the best.

The people winning the game in about 30 seconds might not see it respawn because they score both the pucks before 5 seconds anyway, I guess they may be able to improve their time a little if it ever did come back earlier than normal. They are too good to get this feature then
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Hmm.... I'd suggest you play with the respawn time, between 3-5 seconds would be my guess. But see what feels the best.
I'll add it to my to-do list! I'm sure there's a good & fun way to do this.

I have some other fun stuff on the horizon.
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry, we're not doing any giveaways right now. If you can't afford the $0.99, please try out the free version here: http://tinyurl.com/airhockeyfree

Have fun!

Last edited by Zincous; 01-18-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post.
01-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Free today!

applovin' - my review blog on indie games
Twitter: @applovin
I am a Soldier of War. WWW.SOLDIER-OF-WAR.COM
01-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahseh View Post
Free today!
cool!

Just saw the twitter about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
It would be nice to add an option to adjust puck speed. Too fast for my kids.