★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Berserker Update! Action/Solitaire Epic! - Trailer Now Available - New Promo Coming!

01-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to ceruphin
Berserker Update! Action/Solitaire Epic! - Trailer Now Available - New Promo Coming!

Hey Everybody,
I am here to announce a new Update for berserker!!!

We have finally submitted our Lite (Free) version to the app store and we hope to have approval very soon. We will update the boards when it gets on the app store.

In addition to some first round bug fixes we have also created a new trailer to show off some of the gameplay - you might want to put on some extra socks before watching it though : )

Berserker

Youtube link | Pop Up

We didn't have a tremendous amount of luck with our first round launch promo, so we have cancelled it but hope to re-introduce a new contest very soon ($25 iTunes card is still top prize!!)

We also have our promo codes now, so hopefully after a few reviews we will have a bunch left to give out.

In the mean time, go buy berserker and check us out online at www.onesouthdesign.com

iTunes Description:

It's not match three!

Berserker is a puzzle/strategy action game that uses solitaire style gameplay to challenge players in a quick-paced battle to the death!

In this game of wits you must stand against round after round of incoming enemy armies. To complete each round you must battle and destroy a set number of enemies before the rest of the army will flee - clearing your way to the next round. Enemies are represented by SHIELDS. to destroy a SHIELD you must TOUCH one with a number consecutively higher or lower than the number currently represented on the BANNER. The numbers 13 and 1 can be played consecutively. After you destroy the required number of enemies you must clear the board, or run out of time, to progress to the next round. There are 10 rounds with a 3 minute time limit for each. The game ends when the player runs out of HEALTH or fails to destroy enough SHIELDS within the time limit.

STORY:
You are the leader of the viking clan ORN SVELD - a group of elite warriors called BERSERKERS, known for their legendary rage on the battlefield. Under a banner of truce, KING SVART called for a great celebration to declare peace between your clan and the kingdom of BRUIN. However, SVART betrayed your people, and poisoned the wine served at the feast with diocane powder. As luck would have it, you had spent the last few years building up an immunity to diocane powder. As you awaken the following day, SVART's deception has become clear. The time for revenge has come. You take to your ship and make your way to the stronghold of KING SVART.

Have fun storming the castle!

FEATURES:
-4 challenging modes of original gameplay including 2 player versus mode!
-Online and offline leader boards.
-15 trophies and other achievements to unlock.
-Instant game saving so you can pick up where you left off.
-Interactive in-game manual.
-Vibrant, colorful artwork.
-Fight your way through beaches, grasslands, villages and finally the stronghold of your enemy!
-Multiple ways to fight your opponent including War horns and powerful Berserker attacks!
-Hours of dynamic, addictive gameplay!
-In depth scoring system makes this game easy to pickup, but difficult to master!

Ex AppleCare Support Rep - I have some funny stories
MBP 15-Inch Dual 2.33 2GB 320GB 7.2K SATA (mod)

Last edited by ceruphin; 01-17-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: YouTube Link Broken
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
!!! i bought this game a while back to try to win the contest, but i epically failed. and i see that nobody else could beat your score either, i see

the game is great if anyone's wondering!

01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Looks really interesting, I'll wait for more impressions
01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamous View Post
Looks really interesting, I'll wait for more impressions
the game has been out for awhile but here you go, impressions:

so its kinda like a counting action, fast paced puzzle thing. there is really no way to describe it. so at the start, there are 25 (i think) numbers on the screen: they are all numbers 1-13. you start with a number 1-13 in your hand. the goal is to get rid of all the numbers on the screen. you can get rid of a number if it is connected to that number. for example, if you have a 7 in your hand, you can touch a 6 or an 8. then whatever number you touch goes into your hand. you try to get as many in a row as you can. but if you get stuck and cant move, there are different ways to get out of the sticky situation. it seems complicated but once you start, its fun. its really a good game to just pick up for a quick minute or play through the 10 level campaign!

here is a thread they had of a competition that should explain some of the rules a little better.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=39151&page=3
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to ceruphin
Global Hi-Scores

I would also just like to remind everybody that our leaderboards are getting pretty aggressive, nobody has beaten my current top score but a few of you seem to be very close.

There have to be some Castle Bandits people out there who are good enough to take the title!!!

Ex AppleCare Support Rep - I have some funny stories
MBP 15-Inch Dual 2.33 2GB 320GB 7.2K SATA (mod)
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
the game has been out for awhile but here you go, impressions:

so its kinda like a counting action, fast paced puzzle thing. there is really no way to describe it. so at the start, there are 25 (i think) numbers on the screen: they are all numbers 1-13. you start with a number 1-13 in your hand. the goal is to get rid of all the numbers on the screen. you can get rid of a number if it is connected to that number. for example, if you have a 7 in your hand, you can touch a 6 or an 8. then whatever number you touch goes into your hand. you try to get as many in a row as you can. but if you get stuck and cant move, there are different ways to get out of the sticky situation. it seems complicated but once you start, its fun. its really a good game to just pick up for a quick minute or play through the 10 level campaign!

here is a thread they had of a competition that should explain some of the rules a little better.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=39151&page=3
Oh great! I'll be sure to check it out, looks nice, thanks
01-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I had never herd of it before now so I went ahead and picked it up. I like card type games with a twist so this caught my eye as I love tri peaks alot. I really like it and hope you will be adding more levels. It's too bad I didn't know anything about your contest or I wouldve given it a try earlier. I didn't see a button to post scores, does it do that automatically?? Guess I'm used to open feint.
01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
@lacedolphin

The leaderboards update locally on your iPhone/iPod as you play. When you access the online leaderboards your score is automatically uploaded to the online boards. You can check the top 10 from there and/or see your online ranking and your closest competition.

I hope you're enjoying it, as much fun as we had making it. Keep a lookout, I'm sure we'll post another promo contest/give-a-way soon, so keep practicing. Thanks for playing.
01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacedolphin View Post
I had never herd of it before now so I went ahead and picked it up. I like card type games with a twist so this caught my eye as I love tri peaks alot. I really like it and hope you will be adding more levels. It's too bad I didn't know anything about your contest or I wouldve given it a try earlier. I didn't see a button to post scores, does it do that automatically?? Guess I'm used to open feint.
Hey, I'm one of the developers so I think I can answer your questions. Scores are not entirely posted automatically because we didn't want people to worry about privacy. However, if you go to the leader boards page and select your name (to see where you are) then it will be auto uploaded behind the scenes for you at that time.

As for more levels, you may want to check out the endurance mode which opens up after you complete campaign. While there are no new settings for the levels this mode will let you play indefinitely with the difficulty scaling up past what you experience in round 10. CeruphiN is pretty ridiculous at this game and was able to to get to round 36 I believe netting him 45 million points! There are currently not many people competing on Endurance so if you want to try and get your name on the top of something thats a good place to start! If you can beat his ridiculously high score on that I'll be very impressed.
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
3rd try on campaign, level 10 and ran out of time, ranked 29th on global
not too bad huh??