★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Solar Quest for $.99

01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Solar Quest for $.99

So this was one of the first apps I purchased last summer, and I have to recommend it still. The game is a little dated since there are clearly superior space shooters out right now, but I think people should purchase it because the developer put a lot of time into its updates, which is something we should encourage and reward so that other developers would do the same.

Originally people were complaining about the incredibly difficult controls, and the developer responded promptly and often by fairly quickly remodeling the entire game so that it played much better. That shows a real respect the developer had with his consumers, as not only did he correspond with consumers regularly but he more than doubled the game's length by both adding extra levels AND creating a reverse mode, where you can play the entire game backwards after beating it.

It's a simple game (each level takes about a minute or so), has a pretty background, and still holds up. I've also put 15 or 20 hours into it, which for 3 bucks (original purchase price) was all I could ask for. The game definitely has great replay value and decent sound.

So there's my plug. For a dollar you can't go wrong.
01-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
So this was one of the first apps I purchased last summer, and I have to recommend it still. The game is a little dated since there are clearly superior space shooters out right now, but I think people should purchase it because the developer put a lot of time into its updates, which is something we should encourage and reward so that other developers would do the same.

Originally people were complaining about the incredibly difficult controls, and the developer responded promptly and often by fairly quickly remodeling the entire game so that it played much better. That shows a real respect the developer had with his consumers, as not only did he correspond with consumers regularly but he more than doubled the game's length by both adding extra levels AND creating a reverse mode, where you can play the entire game backwards after beating it.

It's a simple game (each level takes about a minute or so), has a pretty background, and still holds up. I've also put 15 or 20 hours into it, which for 3 bucks (original purchase price) was all I could ask for. The game definitely has great replay value and decent sound.

So there's my plug. For a dollar you can't go wrong.
.99 is darn cheap. Good find!

01-23-2009, 09:16 AM
There's also a lite version you can try.
01-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
There's also a lite version you can try.
I was going to try the Lite version, then decided against loading up my iPod with 50 million Lite apps. Don't know why I didn't.
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Just to clarify this SolarQuest is no space shooter. It's a tunnel game similar to iCave or iCopter. You can't even shoot .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Purchased it.
Finished it in my first an only run.
Erased it.

Way too easy.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I played the lite version and while it's decent there is no urge to pay for this.