★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2360: Battle for Cydonia - Sneak Peak Video

01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
2360: Battle for Cydonia - Sneak Peak Video

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a sneak peek of our soon to release game 2360: Battle for Cydonia. We plan to submit it by end of month. With an innovative control mechanism (you use line drawing techniques to move your robot and touch and drag techniques to separately control each arm's weapons - all supporting multi-touch), mission based levels, and lots of weapon upgrades, we're confident Battle for Cydonia will challenge and impress you. Hope you like it!

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-17-2010, 09:00 PM
looks delish

01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Yowza! That looks awesome!

I have to ask, as everybody else here knows my constant question of all games showing up here:

Is there a Scored Survival Mode and are the baddies' positions pre-scripted or do they spawn at random points?

Oh, and you probably want to move this thread to "Upcoming iPhone and iPod Touch Games"

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow, innovative control scheme, liking what I see!
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
That looks great! How much are you planning on charging?
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Look amazing. Definitely will be on my "to watch" list of upcoming games.
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
ah, cool, now that does look like something to watch out for

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yowza! That looks awesome!

I have to ask, as everybody else here knows my constant question of all games showing up here:

Is there a Scored Survival Mode and are the baddies' positions pre-scripted or do they spawn at random points?

Oh, and you probably want to move this thread to "Upcoming iPhone and iPod Touch Games"
The initial release won't have a Scored Survival Mode but it's high on our list as an update feature.

In regards to enemy spawning, it's actually a mix. It depends on the mission: enemies are generated in pre-scripted areas on the map in some levels and in others they are generated in a random way.

Didn't even notice the Upcoming thread. Oops. It doesn't appear I can move the thread (unless I'm just missing it). I've sent an email to the mods to help move it. Thanks for pointing that out
01-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosatm View Post
That looks great! How much are you planning on charging?
We're still finalizing our price however we do plan to have a launch sale at $0.99 for the first week, maybe longer if sales are really strong at that price point.
01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
If this was the first game on the App Store, then you would be seriously rich. The game reminds me of Fallout 3 somehow lol

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.