★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Here's how to bypass the 2nd gen iPod Touch Requirement (For GTA Chinatow Wars)

01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Here's how to bypass the 2nd gen iPod Touch Requirement (For GTA Chinatow Wars)

If you are one of the early adapters of Apple's iPod Touches, you are probably pissed off to find out you can't get GTA Chinatown Wars on your 1st gen touch, because it's not compatible with it.

Well, I've found a solution.

If you don't want to risk losing $9.99, download iSamuari Lite for free, which is also not compatible with the 1st gen iPod Touch. Then follow these steps using iSamuari Lite.

1.) Download WinRar
2.) Go to your applications in iTunes and find the app that is not compatible with the 1st gen Touch, in this case GTA Chinatown Wars. Right click it and click "Show in Windows Explorer"
3.) Drag the .ipa file to your desktop.
4.) Right click the .ipa file and click "Open With..." Then find WinRar and open it with that.
5.) Double click "Payload."
6.) Click the .app file and on the top hit "Extract To" and extract it to your desktop.
7.) On your desktop you'll find a new folder "Payload." Open it and drag the .app file to iTunes. Make sure the other GTA Chinatown Wars file isn't on iTunes. The .app file on iTunes won't have an icon, but don't worry, there'll be an icon on your iPod touch.
8.) That's pretty much it! Enjoy

Credit goes to "Somerandomdude" and if you don't believe me, first download iSamuari Lite and try it with that.

Last edited by qasim; 01-18-2010 at 12:07 AM.
01-18-2010, 12:10 AM
, nice job dude!

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.

01-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFall View Post
, nice job dude!
Lol thanks.. I really thank "somerandomdude" though. He was the one who helped me out
01-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Is it legal to modify the the app?

I know the actual app is within the payload, but still... just because you downloaded it doesn't mean it's yours to modify.
01-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkgoo View Post

I know the actual app is within the payload, but still... just because you downloaded it doesn't mean it's yours to modify.
well you did pay for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
And does GTA run nicely?

Check out Spark It Up, an award-winning music/action game with my music!
01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:

I'm pretty sure if you pay for it its yours to do whatever you want Except Redistribute with attempt to sell
That's like saying you buy Captain Morgan but your not allowed to go home and modify it with a bit of coke

When to use A or An in a sentence.
Use A if the next word begins with a consonant sound.
Use An if the next word begins with a vowel sound.
**Game Center** Nekcik
01-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:

Oh please...

You should be happy that they're doing this instead of doing something else...
01-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Why will Chinatown Wars run on a first gen iPhone, but not a first gen iPod touch? I thought they used the same processor. Is that incorrect?
01-18-2010, 01:27 AM
How does it run