★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top 10 Games of 2009

01-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Top 10 Games of 2009

Best of its Kind is a big poll where we try to find the best games of a specific genre. Winning games get posted in separate threads like this one for discussion and for people to see the games in more detail. Votes are still ongoing for newer genres.

Do NOT vote for games in this thread.

To vote for your favourite games visit this link

1 with 16 votes

1 with 16 votes

3 with 15 votes

4 with 12 votes

5 with 11 votes

6 with 10 votes

7 with 8 votes

7 with 8 votes

9 with 8 votes

9 with 8 votes

Special Mentions to:

Call of Duty: World at War Zombies
Sway
Defender Chronicles
Meteor Blitz
Peggle
Orbital

For missing out by only a few votes.

Discussion time!!!

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
01-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Interesting results. I'm really surprised that so many people voted for Minigore and Doodle Jump seeing as they're so casual. Not really surprised that Lab 2 and iBlast are the winners but NOVA placed surprisingly high considering the fact that it's being panned a bit on its thread.

Well you guys voted so here we are. Don't moan that such and such game should have won. There were far fewer votes than I anticipated. I'm retiring this poll until maybe later when interest will perk up again. Thanks to those that bothered to vote and please link to this thread so people can use it to find new games, look back on 09 or look for inspiration or whatever.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee

01-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I'm surprised about Space Invaders & RR.
01-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Glad Spider made it; that game's been pretty fun.

Looks like I need to pick up Jet Car Stunts. Been debating it for a while.

Excuse me, sir, but you are interrupting my boredom.
01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
It's quite obvious that, seeing from the rather odd and single-sided results, only a tiny portion of the population in this forum had any interest in voting. The rest either weren't interested or had futile attempts at bringing actually deserving games into the light.
It's funny not a single RPG made it to the list, while something mindless like Minigore did. Oh well at least iBlast Moki made it to the top of the list, as well as Spider and NOVA. Those are the only three I would agree in your list.
01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I am truly puzzled that people would give this thread 1 star. 8-16 TA'ers telling you that X was their favorite game of the entire year is valuable information.

Sure, its not a large enough numbers to be statistically valid, but its easily large enough to tell you that the games are worth a look, if you havent done so already. YOU may hate a game or two on the list, but that is to be expected -- people are not the same -- and would be true of any "top" list. You might also discover that a game on the list that you passed by is something that you really end up loving, even if it isnt your normal genre.

Votes like this often cause me to take a look at games I passed by for one reason or another, even though I already knew they were liked by TA'ers. (For instance, I have been wavering on jet car stunts, since I dont normally like racing games.)

One star says the thread isnt worth a look, which is plainly just wrong.

Thank you Camzy, I appreciate the effort.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's funny not a single RPG made it to the list, while something mindless like Minigore did. Oh well at least iBlast Moki made it to the top of the list, as well as Spider and NOVA. Those are the only three I would agree in your list.
Just be happy that Minigore's not at the TOP of the list. At least some of the users on this forum are finally gaining valid opinions.

Excuse me, sir, but you are interrupting my boredom.
01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I feel that Nova is the best game out of the bunch.
I've been playing the multiplayer quite a bit and they did a great job with it - reminds me of the fun days I had playing Counterstrike and Quake III on the PC.
I feel honored to be in this list. Thanks to everyone who voted for us.
01-18-2010, 02:09 PM
The two 9th's (ravensword and minigore) got the same number of votes a
s the two 7th's (SIIG and RR) so shouldn't there really be four 7th's?
01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's funny not a single RPG made it to the list, while something mindless like Minigore did.
I thought ravensword was an rpg