★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quozzle Quest on sale (0.99$)

01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quozzle Quest on sale (0.99$)

to promote the uppcoming update, I am putting the game on Sale. So grab a copy before the next update.
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
still listed 2.99, but it will be 0.99$ soon (as soon as some miracle work is done behind the scenes of apple)...

01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brof View Post
still listed 2.99, but it will be 0.99$ soon (as soon as some miracle work is done behind the scenes of apple)...
So you don't yet the "rules" of that game, eh Brof?

I guess you just need to explore the AppStore game some more!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgek View Post
so you don't yet the "rules" of that game, eh brof?

i guess you just need to explore the appstore game some more!
that
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
that
What, that all "caps" must be removed?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Tried the lite. Like the music/sounds and background art, but pretty confused about what I am actually supposed to be doing. What is that screen with the flashing squares all about?
01-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Tried the lite. Like the music/sounds and background art, but pretty confused about what I am actually supposed to be doing. What is that screen with the flashing squares all about?
that is a hidden, secret game. A puzzlegame where you have to experiment to find the rules... it can helpt you with the main game, but it is not required. A side quest

There are Tutorials on YouTube . Tutorial 3 is the next...
01-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Watched the videos... Honestly not trying to be dense, but how are they "tutorials?" There are no explanations of anything, neither through voice nor text. They are just videos of someone playing the game. I already knew you have to connect squares for points, which is all the videos appear to demonstrate?

What are the butterflies for?

What is the purpose of the "trash" icon and getting rid of tiles? I thought the point was in having to use the tiles you have at first, then realized you can just get rid of them until you get something which fits? Where is the puzzle in that?

Why do I sometimes get the "tick" icon and sometimes do not, even when I have just connected two or more squares? Why do I sometimes get the tick icon after taking AWAY a square, even though clicking on it only tells me I cannot use it?

See, part of the problem is, without knowing the rules, or what is supposed to happen, how do I know if I am doing something wrong or if the game is just buggy?

Don't get me wrong, I find the game intriguing, and I'm all for discovering things for yourself, I just wonder if perhaps TOO much is being asked of the player before they even know whether or not it's worth their time to stick around to attempt to decipher it. A proper tutorial, not spelling out every single thing, but just explaining the basics, cause and effect, the hard rules, would be helpful.
01-19-2010, 07:41 AM
there are lengthy descriptions in the Youtube Quozzle Tutorial 1 + 2 on the top right of your browser (press: more info)... butterflies are next. There is a tutorial screen for the trash in the game, if you have the tutorial set to: on (main menu)

you lose a turn / move when using the trash, so you can't use it too often...

don't give up, yet! really glad you like it so far... that's why I am here.
01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Ah, ok, I never noticed that text, thanks. Still...doesn't help that much.

But heck good enough for me to get the full version and mess around with it some more.

Look forward to more tutorials. By the way, do you plan to incorporate those into the app itself?

Quote:
there are lengthy descriptions in the Youtube Quozzle Tutorial 1 + 2 on the top right of your browser (press: more info)... butterflies are next. There is a tutorial screen for the trash in the game, if you have the tutorial set to: on (main menu)

you lose a turn / move when using the trash, so you can't use it too often...

don't give up, yet! really glad you like it so far... that's why I am here.