★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordsWorth vs. Textropolis vs. Stitch'em Words

View Poll Results: What should I get...
Dude get WordsWorth, it's a decent Bookworm clone on the cheap. 0 0%
I'd get Textropolis because Ian Marsh makes good games. 5 71.43%
Stitch'em Words is truly the king of word games, get that! 1 14.29%
Words are for nerds, save your money and buy a pepperoni pizza! 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
WordsWorth vs. Textropolis vs. Stitch'em Words

I don't usually play word puzzles that often, but have been craving one recently.

I am looking for something that will not bore me, and something that is fun to play. I have seen good reviews about WordsWorth, Textropolis, and Stitch'em Words here, and was wondering how they measure up against each other ?

Has anyone played all of them to compare them ?
01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Obviously not going to state my opinion, but you should add a poll to the thread!

01-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Obviously not going to state my opinion, but you should add a poll to the thread!
I would love to see responses as well
01-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not biased but I would definitkey have to say textropolis. It's a great fun game with a uniqe twist. It will keep u playing for a long time. And I mean a LONG time. If you search the forum for textropolis available now thread u can read nor about it.
But I definitkey reccimend textropolis.

Haha alot of misspelings, I'm typing this on my iPod. But the point is still valid. Textropolis rocks!!!
01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
how do I add a poll I only saw an option to create "New Thread" not "New Poll"
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I didn't play the last one but Textropolis is one of the best word games I've played so far due its achievement feature. By the way, I have a lot of word games...

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I didn't play the last one but Textropolis is one of the best word games I've played so far due its achievement feature. By the way, I have a lot of word games...
Textropolis is the only game I play every day. It is the best word game out there.
01-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mini View Post
how do I add a poll I only saw an option to create "New Thread" not "New Poll"
Anyone know how to add a poll to a thread? I don't
01-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I have played all three...and while Textropolis is fun, I am totally loving Stitch'em Words nowadays ! If you guys haven't tried it out yet, you are definately missing out on it !
01-23-2009, 12:52 PM
So far I have not played Stichem' (Planning on picking it up in the next hour or so) but I can safely say my favorite is Textropolis. The way i determine whether or not a game was worth the download is if I put as many hours into it as I have dollars (Ie. an Eight dollar game = playing it for eight hours, then its worth it). As of now I'm sitting on about 10c per hour with Textropolis. It is so entertaining, and you can pick it up, play for a few, and put it away (and then start to pay attention in graduate school ) Also, we all know how damn addictive the achievements are, that adds alot of replay value. In short, Textropolis is well worth the money, if you are borderline about buying it you won't regret it.

-Seien