★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Plane OVERPRICED !?

01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
X-Plane OVERPRICED !?

don't you think that x-plane is a little overpriced,
i mean first we got x-plane for $9,99

then all of a sudden expecting an update with new aircrafts we got
x-plane airliner and x-plane helicopter each for $9,99

what comes next? x-plane jets? there was something metioned about that.

don't get me wrong, i love x-plane, but when i see that i'm gonna have to pay $9,99 for each part of the game, i wonder if it's appropriate.
what do we get for $9,99? 4-6 planes and a map that has even boardes. sorry the desktop version costs 39 $, comes with about 40 aircrafts.
the scenery is the entire planet earth and even mars scenery, 18.000 airports, aircraft carrier and EVEN the spaceship.

but instead of updating one program that costs 9,99 now it's almost $30 for all three apps and when the next part comes it will be the next 9,99 and then we reach the price of the desktop version ($39). i don't find it appropriate at all and either they lower the price or they definetely add more features. 9,99 for one app is ok, 30 that you pay for three apps if you're flight enthusiastic that include stuff for one app is a no go. there are better apps in the appstore but i haven't found one yet that splits the whole program in different parts.

so tell me what you think..
01-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Wow, when did those get a price increase? Airliner and Helicopter used to be $5.99.

01-23-2009, 03:07 PM
X-Plane Hudson River.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-23-2009, 03:07 PM
talk to austin

i finally buckled and purchased X-plane, after i saw the price of the airliner and heli skyrocket up to 9.99 from 5.99..or was it 4.99

i mean its okay, as long as he keeps his promise of free updates for all of the apps spontaneously, which means he will prob. keep releasing more broken apps and not a one package deal

i wish he would clean up his descriptions, they are very misleading saying you get all the maps, like NYC, Cali, hawaii, etc. then saying as a total of all the apps..but in each app, you only get four

i wont buy the others until it all settles down
01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I think price increased after the recent update that added more locations. It sells for the price it sells because there is no competition really and people are buying it. I would say it is worth if it the simulator had any points of interest such as landmarks, real life buildings, etc. Even though the sim might be very realistic as far as flying goes on a handheld, there isn't much else to it. I want to start the app and tell myself "Lets check out Eiffel Tower right now", or whatever else. Hopefully they are working on that.
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I have all three and hope and pray daily for another flight sim game to be released to form a little competion.
01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Right now the dev has no competition and can do whatever he wants. I dislike the lack of buildings and such in the game, but when theres no other option the dev has total control over what type of game or games to create.
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping this is either a joke post or it's laminar testing the water to see what people think

personally I think getting a pretty-much full featured flight simulator running very well on iPhone is great work and the current prices represent tremendous value

but hey, apparently anything costing more than 99c/59p is outrageous and tantamount to a breach of everyone's human rights ... whatever
01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Good grief people. These apps are astounding value for money. If you don't like them, don't buy them. That's all there is to it.
01-23-2009, 08:01 PM
These would be worth 29.99 apiece for the amount of work that's gone into them...

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook