★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cosmosis Video

01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Cosmosis Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

The new build of Cosmosis is up this weekend. I'm very excited about this game, everyone who played it pre-launch said it was addictive. Random people would just pick it up and start grooving with it. It's a simple game where you tilt & match but it's fast paced. The new build up allows players to change shapes and backdrops. It also includes new scoring bonuses (the 3-Way is hard to get but rewarding). Basically, it's a drop action-puzzle game that allows players to compete by choosing options that suit their preferences. The scoring bonuses require mastery of the accelerometer and it's all topped off with online leaderboards.

Last edited by Midnight Status; 01-23-2009 at 07:20 PM.
01-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Interesting concept, but distracting video, I found myself focusing on two quirks the entire time I was watching.

1. The device is cut-off on the left side, very claustrophobic feeling.
  2. What is going on in the background?! Looks like your in a Planetarium or something.

Game play looks interesting, but I'm not convinced quite yet, mostly due to the quirks.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Hmm, I was attempting to show the relative motion caused by tilting the device. I used that background since it's spacey which goes with the theme of the game.
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Status View Post
YouTube: video

(the 3-Way is hard to get but rewarding).
It's usually a once in a lifetime opportunity, but if it presents itself drop everything and go for it!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Hmm, I was attempting to show the relative motion caused by tilting the device. I used that background since it's spacey which goes with the theme of the game.
Yea, I got the feeling it had to do with the theme of the game.

Perhaps if the screen wasn't half cut off on top of the background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
It's usually a once in a lifetime opportunity, but if it presents itself drop everything and go for it!
Witty, I didn't notice that play on words.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Ah, I should have seen that coming. It reminds me of the first comment I got off Slashdot about the Portal Demystified article I wrote that went up on Gamasutra last year.

(Read the article first to get the full effect )
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ied_portal.php

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../08/26/1728252
01-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Ah, I should have seen that coming. It reminds me of the first comment I got off Slashdot about the Portal Demystified article I wrote that went up on Gamasutra last year.

(Read the article first to get the full effect )
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ied_portal.php

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl.../08/26/1728252
That's hilarious, even better the reply to the first comment.

Gotta love the Internet.

01-24-2009, 02:13 AM
pretty funny haha

Plus+ ID: Wegmans