★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: EASY Inc.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (4)
App description: Sparta 301301!IPAD2HD.shiwan.com

Story:
The second Persian invasion of Greece (480-479 BC) occurred during the Greco-Persian Wars, as King Xerxes of Persia sought to conquer all of Greece. The King of Sparta collect 301 warriors(Queen included)preparing to fight with the Persian invaders at Thermopylae.

Game features:
- With enough money, you are able to buy enemies, BOSS not included. Some kind of huge enemies can be bought in Extreme Mode.
- Formation arrangement playing method. You should always keep a appropriate formation to reduce unnecessary harm.
-Simple operation: To complete all operations you only need to touch with fingers. Complicated considerations do not require in this game.
- Role growth: Include different kinds of characters such as Auxilia, Bowman, Scutari, Pikeman, Javelineer, Knight, Wizard, Worg, Elephant Huge, Rhinoceros Huge.
01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
looks interesting, but no vid, yet again.

01-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I like the artwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Chainsaws? In Sparta?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovin View Post
chainsaws? In sparta?
=epic win

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Chainsaws? In Sparta?
Well... it would technically be chainsaws in the Persian Empire that they brought with them... if you want to get technical

And senseless slaughter never looked so adorable
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Not too impressed with the... background... units seem to walk over tents and bushes...?

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
Well... it would technically be chainsaws in the Persian Empire that they brought with them... if you want to get technical

And senseless slaughter never looked so adorable

Awww, no problem for me!
Remember Turok? Jurassic Age? Lasers?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Game Impressions

I TOFTT. It's basically a very shallow side-scrolling tactical RPG that oddly mixes turn-based movement with real-time combat. You select and unselect your units by tapping on each one individually, then move them one tile at a time with swipes -- enemies don't move until you do, which was very confusing when I started the first game (there was nothing happening on screen, and no tutorial to explain what was going on).

Graphically, it's pretty nice, but what killed this for me is that there's no animation till you're in combat: no bobbing of the characters, no flickering torches, nothing. You can touch and hold a unit to view the stats, but there's little explanation of what everything means (for example, the queen is clearly a healer, but there's nothing about her ability in her character card).

The one neat feature is that once you collect enough gold (by defeating enemies) you can buy enemy units to join your band. Didn't get far enough to try it myself, though.

All in all, the game feels unfinished. There's potential here, but right now it doesn't quite work for me. I would recommend Rebirth of Fortune instead of this game to those looking for a light tactical RPG experience.
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
The one screen shot has the characters on top of tents. Give some of those objects some 3D effects lol.