★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iBow Hunt v1.5 update released !

01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
iBow Hunt v1.5 update released !

Hey guys,

The latest update to iBow Hunt $0.99 went live on Wednesday. This update brought animating deer, revised scoring system, and rebalanced deer spawn rates.

We plan on doing one more update that will bring online leaderboards to the game.

Thanks,

Blazing Lizard

Click image to enlarge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ihunt.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	883  

Last edited by salsamd; 01-23-2009 at 07:25 PM.
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
yep i was happy to see the update, it adds an extremely real touch to the game they actually look like they are running...... but i was really disappointed in the fact that all the deer were taken away except for one, o you just shoot the same deer over and over again (it really brings the replay-ability down a lot)...i enjoyed shooting at Rudolf, but nice job dev on the nice and realistic looking animations...

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
video?

This title could benefit from a demo video to demonstrate some measure of evolution beyond the infamous iHunt...

Quote:
Description:
Experience the time honored tradition of hunting deer with a bow and arrow!

In this arcade style game, use the touch screen to intuitively aim and fire your bow at deer in 3 beautifully detailed, multi-layered environments! Earn points by hitting them in the heart, head, and body. Score as many points as you can within the two minute time limit!

Features:
3 multi-layered environments
Each successful hit earns points. Hit the deer in instant kill spots (head and heart) to earn bonus points!
Raise your score multiplier with each successive instant kill.
Score as many points as you can within two minutes.

Future updates will include online leaderboards, bonus creatures (bunnies!), and many other exciting additions!

How to Play:
Controls are simple and intuitive...

•Once you tap the screen to start the game, use your right thumb to aim at the deer (tap-n-drag the crosshairs). Remember to lead your targets to take into account distance and gravity.
•Drag your left thumb down on the left edge of the screen to draw your bow, release your thumb to fire.

That’s all there is to it. Try to get head-shots or heart-shots for instant-kills. The more instant kills you get in a row, the higher your multiplier increases.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 01-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.
01-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Sound off!

We'll add more deer types with animations.

But what else do you guys want in this game? Now's your chance to sound off!

We want to usurp the infamous iHunt!
01-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingLizard View Post

How about bear attacks, boars, and a critical hit zoom function where time slows down and there is a zoom so you can see the bow impact? Oh, and you can get bit by ticks which brings up a mini-game where you have to pluck the tick off.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

Last edited by DHrox; 01-24-2009 at 09:05 AM.
01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingLizard View Post

Apparently iHunt's average star rating is 2, so it shouldn't be too hard to usurp them.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
01-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
Apparently iHunt's average star rating is 2, so it shouldn't be too hard to usurp them.
Yes, but for whatever elusive reason, iHunt is still #27 in the app store, and was historically on the throne for not so brief a stay...

창의력
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Yes, but for whatever elusive reason, iHunt is still #27 in the app store, and was historically on the throne for not so brief a stay...
Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. The Apple Throne of Shovelware has arrived!

01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I agree that the archer should be under occasional attack from bears and wild boars that require relatively quick aim and shoot skills. Maybe you should have lives or energy levels, so that if a bear or boar successfully attacks you, you loose energy, which may weaken your archery skills for a period of time.

Also, some deer should be faster/more perceptive than others. SPecifically, some should turn to notice you and try to run faster away, again requiring you to point and shoot more quickly. These kills may garner more points.

창의력
01-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Promo Codes!

Hey guys,

I have 10 promo codes for iBow Hunt!

First come, first serve!

FYI, we're about to roll out another update with a few new additions (Elk, and a super rare creature that truly has to be seen to be believed!)

- Blazing Lizard