★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games and Apps Participating in Indie Relief or App Relief (or both!)

01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Games and Apps Participating in Indie Relief or App Relief to support Haiti(or both!)

If you're a developer participating in Indie Relief or App Relief to support Haiti this is the place to list your app or game.

The majority of discussion about these have been in the developer forums so it's time to let everyone know and keep everyone in one place.

Sinecure Industries is participating in both with How Am I Feeling? The Mood Analyzer - all proceeds are going to The Red Cross from January 18th through the 25th, so if you've been putting off buying a copy, now you can do it with a good conscience!

Last edited by Sinecure Industries; 01-20-2010 at 09:29 AM.
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Buy early and buy often

Last edited by Zincous; 01-20-2010 at 04:40 AM.

01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
QuizQuizQuiz is taking part in IndieRelief.com

The game has been recently updated with even more question content for all markets (including the specific US questions), the question timer has been increased and category selection tweaked.

Also please note US/Canada revenue the rest of the week (till Sunday) is also going to the DEC Haiti Appeal.

Please check out our game and help out in Haiti at the same time and tell your friends!

Thanks,
Simon
Four Door Lemon Ltd

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi, How Are You

Hi, How Are You is also taking part in www.appRelief.com
100% of sales proceeds for the week of Jan18th - Jan25th will be donated to help the people of Haiti.

The game is a unique physics puzzle platformer that features cool art and music by renowned indie artist Daniel Johnston. Gameplay is kind of a cross between frogger, q-bert, and marble-madness. There are 33 well designed levels, 25 unlockable DJ art pieces, and OpenFeint is integrated for online leaderboard/achievements. And to top it off, it's currently on sale for only $0.99

cheers,
Steve Broumley (Smashing Studios) & Peter Franco (Dr Fun Fun).

Last edited by Zincous; 01-20-2010 at 04:40 AM.
01-20-2010, 04:58 AM
All income until 16 feb 2010 from iPhone Geography Game Flag2Map donated to Haiti

Flag2Map is participating in http://indierelief.com
but also from now until 16 feb 2010, all income from the iPhone game Flag2Map will be donated to Haiti.

Flag2Map is designed to be an addictive fun way to learn the flags and geography of europa.

itunes http://iTunes.com/apps/Flag2Map

Thanks

Kai Gilb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone_Flag2Map_UK.png
Views:	1
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	13877  
Attached Images

01-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I bought three of these apps…

Also I should be the first to point out all the donations are going toward Haiti.
01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
All proceeds are going to The Red Cross from January 18th through the 25th, so if you've been putting off buying a copy, now you can do it with a good conscience!
This is great if you want to just buy a game, but it is a very poor way to actually help people in Haiti. The best way is to donate to the Red Cross directly. Buying a game is terribly inefficient as Apple takes a 30% cut. That means out of the gate every dollar becomes $0.70. Then you have to worry about what percentage of that 70% is actually going to the Red Cross. So far I haven't seen anything about what those percentages are and how developers are planing to offer proof of their donations.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I hope people aren't buying these apps to satisfy any need they feel to actually donate.

Last edited by jonlink; 01-20-2010 at 08:50 AM.
01-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlink View Post
This is great if you want to just buy a game, but it is a very poor way to actually help people in Haiti. The best way is to donate to the Red Cross directly. Buying a game is terribly inefficient as Apple takes a 30% cut. That means out of the gate every dollar becomes $0.70. Then you have to worry about what percentage of that 70% is actually going to the Red Cross. So far I haven't seen anything about what those percentages are and how developers are planing to offer proof of their donations.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I hope people aren't buying these apps to satisfy any need they feel to actually donate.
Indie Relief says "all proceeds" while App Relief has each developer mention what % is going.

People are inherently lazy and self-serving, they would donate but it's easier to get something for themselves in the guise of a donation. If people are actually willing to donate to a charity, I'm sure they will. Donate now for a free tote bag!

It is, of course, the honor system on what the developer actually donates. There could be scumbags that don't give anything and just want a listing but I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt on this.
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Lots of indie developers heard about Indie Relief after they'd already locked down the list. Many are participating anyhow. In my case, all proceeds from Battle for Vesta for the 19th, 20th, and 21st will go to Helping Hands for Haiti.

Developer of Battle for Vesta. Blog at InsightVR.
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Sniper Strike is participating in this event today.