★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Skotos Tech
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 33.1 MB
  • Version: 2.30
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: Money is a fast-paced and addictive card game based on the original tabletop eurogame release by Reiner Knizia.

"[O]f the iPhone card game apps we've played so far, Money is our hands down favorite."--Sebastian Blanco, TUAW

You start the game with six bills of random currency. Your goal is to concentrate your reserves into just two or three types of currency before the game ends. To do so, you must spend the money you already have. It takes money to make Money!

Though Money is one of Reiner Knizia's deepest (and richest) card games, it's all been carefully fit into this iPhone release. Recolored bills make it easy to read your currency. Simple gestures allow you to examine your own hand and the bids of your opponents. Everything is animated, for a colorful play experience.

Finally, six different AIs, each with their own personality, help make every game unique. You can slowly discover the AIs' strategies to improve your chances of winning.

Money is one of RPGnet's MobileEuroCard series, all of which share common gestures and animations, making it easy to dive into any game as soon as you've learned your first.

NOTE: Though Money uses GameCenter for leaderboards and achievements, it does NOT support multiplayer play.
01-20-2010, 12:58 AM

01-20-2010, 06:50 AM
I picked this up earlier today and have played maybe eight or nine games so far.

It's BRILLIANTLY executed. Intuitive, smooth. Extremely easy to play.

Difficultly-wise I'm not so impressed - I've won all but two games so far and have never really felt challenged. There doesn't appear to be any kind of difficulty level to the game? There's a 'CPU Speed' but it seems to just change the pace of the game, not the amount of processing applied by the CPU to each play.

Some kind of high score or achievement system would also be nice. Currently each game is a completely isolated event.

Still, it's very nice. Certainly the game itself I'll now be purchasing as a board game to play at home - I like the way it plays.

Jamie.
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
This would need BT or wifi local and possibly online multiplayer. This is not the type of game most people want to play alone or vs the computer.
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
This would need BT or wifi local and possibly online multiplayer. This is not the type of game most people want to play alone or vs the computer.
Why not? I love Knizia games, and as long as the AI is good, I like to play vs. the computer. This isn't to say of course that multiplayer is a bad idea, just not a necessity for everybody.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Why not? I love Knizia games, and as long as the AI is good, I like to play vs. the computer. This isn't to say of course that multiplayer is a bad idea, just not a necessity for everybody.
True enough. I guess it just completes the package for me
01-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post

I agree. The Knizia games, particularly Ingenious and Roto, are some of my favorite games available for the Iphone. A good multiplayer setup would be a nice bonus, especially for Ingenious, but the AI is good enough to keep me playing against the computer.

Having said that, I would absolutely love for them to add a good multiplayer system for Ingenious.
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
The dev promised here in the forums a few months ago that I'd be surprised what was being worked on, and am I EVER!!

I'd love to see more designer games like Beeno, which this one sorta is like anyhow. I'm lovin both Hanto AND Hive apps still, tho one of them better get online. You just gotta these days, AI don't cut it, it's the human factor. Respectfully, if ur bringin these games into the iPhone age, why stop half way ?!
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Tom's influence is felt even in TA. Powerful, he has become. Go Dice Tower!

I like Knizia games - but not 1P. I'd prefer it was pass-n-play at least.

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
01-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't give a pickle about multiplayer, I just need strong AI and decent statistics which so far it sounds like this guys is lacking, right?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews